Topic: The perils of listening to old episodes...

So, I'm back to listening to Friends in your Head on the regular, and today I was listening to Girl With The Dragon Tattoo...

"Welcome to Wendy's can we take your order?"

Podcast Through Car Speakers: "Rape, Rape, Fincher has an interesting take on rape..."

"Yeah, um, sorry about all the rape talk...can I get a Spicy Chicken Sandwitch Combo?"

--
One Time @ Bland Camp...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: The perils of listening to old episodes...

This happened to me at a toll booth tongue

Witness me!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Yo, you think it's embarrassing having other people hear the shit I* said? Try having the voice that said that shit.

It can be the stuff of nightmares listening back to some of these episodes, man.

*shudder*

Ugh. Never do a podcast before your pre-frontal cortex has finished cookin,' okay? Good lord. Blanket mea culpa.

Anyway. I'm quite sorry for many comments, in general... but, specifically in y'all's cases, I'm actually not sorry, because these anecdotes are funny and y'all should know better by now than to trust us in front of strangers. big_smile

(Also, Jdubs: I had to disassemble the island in the kitchen a couple months ago [which you had a hand in building, or at least witnessed the building of, or something], 'cuz we finally moved out of that apartment and it was never meant to be an actually-permanent fixture. Anyway. I thought of you when it was breaking in half. tongue)

* I don't know whether the Fincher thing was a quote from me**, but I'm only able to speak for my own shame.

** ...but, I mean: yeah, probably.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I mean, yeah... there are some cringe-worthy moments, but I think things were a bit different back when the episodes were recorded. I think of it like what Warner Brothers does with some of their old cartoons - they put a title card in front of it: https://imgur.com/gallery/U8UZyVI

If you listen to the end of the actual official Donnie Darko commentary with guest Kevin Smith, he makes a few pre-#metoo comments about filming naked actresses. It's good to be the Director.

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ironically, Criterion has released that movie (Chasing Amy) on DVD a few years later with the same commentary... and Kevin's apology big_smile

So honor the valiant who die 'neath your sword
But pity the warrior who slays all his foes...

Thumbs up Thumbs down