Re: For now, I shall discreetly omit the 'K'-word from this title.

Particularly because I enjoy 1776 so much, I think. (I tried to find a good one from 1776 to do but they're all duets if not ensembles, and I couldn't find a good backing track to But Mr. Adams.)

Not that the duet thing held me back here. (Then I did a second solo, then a third, then the third again in a different register, then YouTube autoplayed a fourth.)

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE

Boter: The Tango Maureen is so fun! Excellent, excellent choice. In fact, excellent choices all 'round. And I'm including Thrift Shop in this assessment; I love the variety.

Regan: This is exactly the place to sing all the parts and that was wonderful. RIDE OR DIE.
And David Bowie in Dr. Horrible would have been heckin' amazing, so...

Henry: YEEESSSS THE BATTLE OF YORKTOWN, CLAPS FOR YOU
and never apologize for the guitar, we love the guitar

BDA: Way to straight up bring out Chess, that is awesome and QUITE GOOD IN FACT. And though I know nothing about The Devil's Carnival, it makes me hope that when you join us, you do a villain song. You've got a good voice for a villain song.

alicia ♆
twitter | instagram | website

Aaagh this is all so wonderful.

BDA, you need to play Judge Turpin at some point in your life.

Regan, a Life on Mars cover is now required.

Alice, AAAAAAAAAAAH

Henry, a real instrument?! No. Gregorian chants only, you heretic.

Boter, in addition to the awesome song selections, that shirt though.

Two-fer today:

Mein Herr
Alphabet Aerobics

Residual Minelli in the background of the former but that's never a bad thing tongue

Last edited by Abbie (2019-09-29 18:50:09)

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

ABBIE OH MY GOD THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN I love both of your choices (I love that I know them so I can sing along!!) and you sound so good. Such talent.

and also I'll just leave this here:

alicia ♆

Thanks y'all big_smile

Alice: Me and Aly first became sorta twitter friends over our shared love of Chess so when she started the whole SongSquad thing it was the obvious first choice (Chess is one of my favorites musicals of all time, and Where I Want To Be is my favorite song from it, so y'know). And hmm... there's def a few choice villain songs out there I could take a stab at.

Also, Devil's Carvinal is FANTASTIC. It's made by the same guys that made Repo! The Genetic Opera, and is basically 'What if hell was a carnival where your sins are displayed as fables". It's one of those ones where you're either on board or not, but even if you're not the individual numbers are excellent.

This is the one I was singing:

Abbie: I've attempted it in the past, but the only song Turpin has that I really like is Pretty Women and that /really/ needs to be a duet.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Idea: Do it while driving.

No. Stupid idea. I don't know the lyrics 100% by heart and you guys don't need to see footage of an accident.

Alternative:

https://i.imgur.com/ZGpxPT1.jpg

(Couldn't find a good karaoke version so I just reduced audio in the original file.)

Edit: YouTube blocked it, uploaded to Drive.

Last edited by Boter (2019-10-02 11:45:14)

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

@Boter: Wow. The production. ACE! @Steph/Boter: Damn that duet is the best!!! (holey balls - steph can sing. Do more! smile )

@LatinAlice: I'm just a mean green mother... with jealousy. I'm snapping my paint brushes and never painting again. I had goose pimples. Super fun to boot!

P.S I'll listen to the Hamilton soundtrack one day. I hear nothing but good things.

Last edited by Regan (2019-09-30 13:13:48)

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Here is one for you ASMR folk - Regan scratches his beard

Last edited by Regan (2019-09-30 16:52:13)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

PSS. Somebody do a Suddenly Seymour duet before making me sing both parts tongue

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You can tell that I've had far too much whiskey. I mean what does my right arm do when I lean into Angela Lansbury?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I sung this song today.  To see if I still feel.

Thumbs up +4 Thumbs down

EDIT: ...welp, I meant to say 'Alice' instead of 'Alicia' — and then I didn't. neutral Sorry.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

I was 100% thinking of doing that last one as another duet with Steph! May still do so, in the spirit of "No go ahead and do one again".

Dooo eeet

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

anyone with confusion about my name can, of course, refer to the introduction thread.
and if you don't know, now you know.

(Boter, you and Steph should absolutely do this one. Imma do it with Teague.)

alicia ♆

Absolute LOVE the duet idea. If anyone is up for "Pretty Women," you know where to find me big_smile (Teague and Alice, you both killed it as per the yoozh.) [EDIT: Goddammit I swear to god "Alica" was a typo.]

Finally pulled out some Sondheim tonight:

You Could Drive a Person Crazy
Missing backing vocals and some instruments, but whatcha gonna do.

Getting Married Today
Other characters' voices drop in and out at points because Amy's part on the karaoke track goes much slower than the actual song, so I had to speed it back up prior to singing for reasons that will become abundantly clear tongue

Last edited by Abbie (2019-10-08 05:03:44)

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

God bless you for bringing out the Sondheim, Abbie. And DANG, excellent job with Getting Married Today, an absolutely beast of a patter song. I've never been able to articulate all the lyrics at pace. APPLAUSE FOR YOU

oh oh also if any musical theatre peeps would like to do a duet, I have a few fun suggestions maybe? "Therapy" from Tick Tick Boom or "All for the Best" are high on my list. (They sprung to mind due to their frenetic energy. Not Amy-on-her-wedding-day frenetic, but still.)

alicia ♆

I WILL TOTALLY DO THERAPY WITH YOU (requisite small letters)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

ha okay! it's a deal! do you want jonathan's part or susan's?!

alicia ♆

Jonathan's is proooobably better suited to my range iirc, but whichever one works better for you is fine by me!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

A couple of tasty Hamilton flavoured tidbits featuring a variety of different hats:

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

ermaghort

This thread. I love this thread.

Regan: Your 'Beauty and the Beast' thing was fucking awesome, dude. I love the high notes; I love the low notes; I love the vague-Shatneresque. I love it all.

bg: I knew you'd be able to pull off the song, so that wasn't a surprise; however, the beard adds a whole vibe to the situation — to any situation? — and I am here to see what it can do. Do 'House of the Rising Sun' or somethin,' will ya? Or, like... 'Everybody Knows,' by Leonard Cohen. Or just rub some beardgruff onto 'Rainbow Connection' or something — I dunno; this response got away from me; I'mma stop digging. Thanks for jumping in. Good singing. Beard.

Alice: it's so good especially at the end — and: see!? I told you we should do duets!

Abbie: I was unfamiliar with these tunes, so I went off to familiarize myself with 'em first, and was struck by how big they both were; like, 'dang — brave.' Then, I listened to your kary-oak-eries, and was struck anew by how well you pulled both of 'em off. You have a killer voice! Beautiful fuckin' work.

EDIT: The karaoke thread moves pretty fast. If you take too long to post, you could miss it.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

SPOILER Show
Getting a jump on spooky month

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Last edited by Regan (2019-10-09 22:47:51)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

HenryChM wrote:

A couple of tasty Hamilton flavoured tidbits featuring a variety of different hats:

I don't know hamilton but I know enough to riff around Hotel Claifornia :S

Last edited by Regan (2019-10-09 16:07:43)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down