Re: For now, I shall discreetly omit the 'K'-word from this title.

Henry: First of all, fantastic hats, sir. Second of all, I enjoy your musical shenanigans very much.

Regan: I would like to hear more spooky songs from you, because that was fantastic. And I love that we've got multiple layers of guitar happening in this thread - that's awesome.
Also - I think everyone on the thread should sing Dr. Horrible at some point.

Abbie: Okay, here you go: Therapy - Tick Tick Boom - LatinAlice sings Susan
The timing is a little tricky at the beginning with Jon's bit; it's sort of awkward to navigate those long stretches of silence. But I think this will be really fun when it comes together!

alicia ♆
twitter | instagram | website

Shit. I didnt see you the doctor horrible duet post - but I'm sure glad youz done it. I'm growing tired of singing girl parts tongue That was lovely.
Oh. Boter and Steph... Get on it.

Last edited by Regan (2019-10-09 21:42:25)

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Duets? So passé.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Too lazy to add words.  Later. 

EDIT: OOOOh, I feel honored.  Never managed to sing so good to get a copyright claim before.  (Not a Strike, just demonetized [lol], no one get worried).

Last edited by Beeg (2019-10-11 06:46:57)

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Dude, YouTube has gotten really good at recognizing background stuff. Almost all of mine for this thread have been claimed by whoever produced the karaoke track, and Late Goodbye got a full takedown.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

What background.  That's me playing one guitar, and singing.  No recorded music whatsoever.  The text of the claim said they objected to my singing the melody of the song, not to using a recording of it.  #ThisTimelineBestTimline

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/jLEQqzR3mEScOaVEnqi3te2RdF0dBj9eIEmYd8lQmN38J3ndCQx4_WpM9lWklC8TuxvIfNOfqOktsnigVw6P40Cxrd_qYk4MecRk3bJVHaTTti0bMOyEuteOwGQx4n91Cqk4CKjQrTE

Last edited by Beeg (2019-10-12 02:07:35)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Holy shit, look at that. It literally says you're using the melody. What the fuck.

(Just above the video frame, to the left.)

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah, welcome to 2019 Youtube. It's the fucking worst.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I'm interested in how exact their method is.  I didn't make it very hard, I'm tuned a half step down like they are on the album so I'm singing in the original 'key' (equally tempered tho, so does the algorithm even notice?), but I'm playing a totally terrible different accompanying piece on the guitar 'cause I'm not a very good guitar player.  So it's definitely my singing that they care about.  But also, I labeled it with the correct title? So does that give the game away to the algorithm?  Did I make it too easy?

Last edited by Beeg (2019-10-13 04:40:36)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Wooooow, fuck YouTube. Great job regardless of monetization, beej!

Okay, here's Alice and me together! This was super-fun to do—helps that Alice is fucking amazing.

Last edited by Abbie (2019-10-14 04:35:24)

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

YouTube's content ID system aside (yes, it's the worst, we're in a bad timeline, etc.), you sounded wonderful, and that's what matters.

Oooh "Therapy" turned out so good! And thank you Abbs—you're fucking amazing.
Also, I love that I (a sad excuse for an alto) am in a place where I get to sing the high parts. It's way fun.

alicia ♆

okay I'm back with one more thing
I hear some of y'all are billie eilish fans, so this one's for you.

alicia ♆

ooo, that's smooth.

I can't hear Therapy, 'cause the goog says it's too popular.

Last edited by Beeg (2019-10-15 03:56:28)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

FINE.

Framing and focus are off, volume is low as hell. Sorry about that.

Oh, also the recording stopped in the middle of the last song.

But I abide by the rules. First take.

I look way more solemn and deep than I actually was (sleeping 3 hours the night before does not help); Still, one coule argue Midlake's Courage of Others is not the album to pick for cheerful singing. Oh well. I have some ideas for later uploads that'll balance things out.

I'm participating! Yay!

PS: I was not aware just how strong my head bob game was when I play the guitar.

Last edited by Saniss (2019-10-16 07:04:25)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

"Hey, can I just use my webcam?"

NO. Should've at least used a separate mic. It auto-leveled the crap out of it and you can't even hear the nice loud neck cracks I got at the start sad

But in the spirit of "first take", hereyago:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14kMnb … n0uQ2fzU3J

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Working my way through the thread:

BG: I did go back and look at my K-thread unlisted videos to see - the Karaoke ones are all...

https://i.ibb.co/z7dMgst/copy.jpg

...at least recognised as a cover by the content ID balderdash. Now, it's taken a step too far if it is clamping down on similar melodies and/or covers. Shit, dawg. If that is setting a president, all Pachelbel - Canon in D chord preggresions are out. Nay, any pop songs are gonna struggle. What a scummy borked thing.

Abbie + Alice: That was the freakin' brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goddamit. You made me fall on my exclamation key.

Alice: That billie eilish... RAD AF! *furiously deletes any drunken attempt I may have or made not made. Wheres your proof?* Poof!

Sannis: Welcome. Stay a while. Also... Can I borrow that guitar? I promise I will treat it the same as my capo - my capo, I always keep it on the headstoc... *looks*... correction. I usually keep it on the headstock. Shit.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah, they ID'd 2 of the songs in my video. Orwellian shit. Jeez.

Regan> Well, it's the same guitar where a string snapped on its own two hours after recording the video. You'll have to wait until I replace them. tongue

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Warts and all...

Last edited by Regan (2019-10-18 15:53:37)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

dammit will smith

Last edited by Regan (2019-10-19 16:12:27)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Not a karaoke song, but I grabbed the nearest things I had near my desk and plugged em into my mixer, let OBS run, and tried to make a thing out of it in the edit. Whilst, riffing on an old tune I made.

This never happened. I AM BORED.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

You're such a fucking genius, dude.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Now I was planning on doing a jazzy [Post Modern JukeBox] version of the Power Rangers theme but I got side lined when I realised that it would sort of work over The Cure's Love Cats bass riff.

(there is an awful delay running through my daw then OBS and compensating for that in my head phones is like playing with a speech jammer thing - my timing aint that off, I promise - mind I should have figured out the Power Rangers hook ahead of time. That on is all me tongue)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

As explained in the video, Ian Hubert's America the Beautiful is mysteriously absent from his youtube page, so here's a small attempt to rectify that:

If it was the copyright mafia that took down his original video, hopefully my singing is bad enough that I can escape their wrath

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Ah. I wasn't prepared for that... nor the hat goof.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks for nuffin, google

https://i.ibb.co/1fsNGSb/yuyiyuiyui-gird.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down