Topic: Ford v Ferrari

As a gear head, this movie was always of interest to me. I was also familiar with the story. So Iā€™m really interested to hear the opinions of non-car fans. But I really enjoyed it. Wonderfully shot. Lots and lots of lovely practical effects, fantastic driving.

Re: Ford v Ferrari

Don't you mean...

https://i.ibb.co/WHvLL5X/Picture-75.jpg

Yeah, in Europe it's called Le Mans '66.

I'm not so much a 'gear/petrol head' though I'm a sucker for F1. I really enjoyed it. Very pretty. Good story. As far as the driving goes... thank god it wasn't like Rush. As a thing of note. The engine noises were cranked to the max in mix. It was certainly the loudest movie I've seen this year.

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I almost called it winning best sound editing.

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

After avoiding movies like this for a while, I recently put this on as a time killer in the background. Very pretty, wheels on the car go round and round, engine go vroom, Yada Yada alla that.

This movie is So. Saturated. In. White. Men.

Holy God what a panoply of angry white guys.

Last edited by Beeg (2021-04-13 00:56:48)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Those were the times, sadly. Racing was, and to a point, still is a rich white man's game. Hopefully Sir Lewis Hamilton, with the now backing of F1, is able to change that.

Well sure, but I'd have much more heartily enjoyed watching an inclusive cast bring that to life.

Thumbs up Thumbs down