Re: Cool vids...again.

I seen this yonks ago and thought it weird they focussed in on Sir Ant. Well my mind is blown that he wrote it. I bet he wrote it with some fava beans.

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re-purposing the tools of rampant corporate capitalism to create art... this is some serious cyberpunk shit right here.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

"I'd like to give a shoutout to my fellow nominees, who will now and forever be known as the guys who lost to fucking Adam Sandler."

Hail to the fuckin' king.

Last edited by Abbie (2020-02-09 07:05:41)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Making the rounds on science twitter right now. For obvious reasons.

shhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnyyyyyyy

ZangrethorDigital.ca

*owen-wilson-wow*

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Big brain voice: omgomgomg this is amazing, I need the whole movie of this.
Little Brain Voice: *overwhelming technological dystopian nightmares*

DeepFakes are getting /scary/ good y'all.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

By the way? Watch that fucking blocking. Watch how the camera moves and the actors move.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh, weird.  Where is Doc going?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

By the way? Watch that fucking blocking. Watch how the camera moves and the actors move.

That Zemeckis guy man, he's gonna be big one day, just you watch.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

OK, so apparently racing motorcycles with sidecars is a thing, and the passenger is called "The Monkey" since they climb all over every part of bike other than the seat to adjust the grip.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBZ-UOyPWg8

Thumbs up Thumbs down

[starting at about 0:30]:

"what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"

TIL

JFC

etc.

EDIT: OKAY NOW DO IT WITH BOBSLEDS

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I did actually know that, and the singular reason that I do is because the music video for Macklemore's Downtown has one (1) shot of a sidecar racing duo and I got curious if that was a real thing and fell down a rabbit hole.

Which might be one of the more random ways I've fallen down a rabbit hole to a new to me sport.

(2:00)

It's still awesome and I will take any excuse to rewatch a bunch of races.

EDIT: One of the drivers in the race you posted has my name, and it's WEIRDING ME OUT.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

BUT THEY ARE LIKE STANDING ON THE GOD DAMNED RACING VEHICLE

WHY ARE WE ACTING LIKE THIS ISN'T AN EMERGENCY

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Haven't the foggiest, now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go watch some bog standard, normal everyday motorbike racing that isn't even remotely freak out worthy...

https://cdn1.bikebandit-images.com/blog/images/2016/flat-track-birthplace-of-champions/flat-track-1.gif

ZangrethorDigital.ca

It's just... racing a vehicle with human ballast. Sidecar motorcycle seems a weird way to do it, that's what's getting me, but I kinda love the idea of having someone climb around to change the driving dynamics of the vehicle. Kinda like pitching forward and up, banking left and right in Star Wars Racer.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Alright, third lap hooked me in. I kinda get why they went with that vehicle shape for it (insofar as there are so many motorsports that are like, "Fuck it, why not,") and it's mesmerizing seeing the passengers/ballasts (one of the announcers uses the latter term around lap four, I typed it out in the previous post before that) all arranging at what they generally agree is the ideal spot of the track. Half a dozen in a row just, lean-lean-lean-lean-lean-lean at the same spot.

Oh, and BDA, my condolences to your namemate. Made a good push at one point there.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

*grabby hand motions*

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Just got to this.

I thought it was gonna be Pirates of the Caribbean.

I'm a dumbass.

Fucking awesome. Thanks dawg.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

These fuckers move so much faster than the cartoons of my childhood would have led me to believe.

That is a terrifying amount of steel and steam moving very quickly, it's utterly astonishing to think of these sorts of batshit insane inventions being common place and the on cutting edge of technology.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney%27 … nry_(2000)

http://i2.wp.com/www.trippinwithtara.com/wp-content/uploads/John_henry_4large-e1439901080405.jpg?fit=500%2C365

Last edited by drewjmore (2020-02-27 19:02:17)

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

IAAAAAAN  you're always just dropping this stuff on the internet with zero warning.

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

I am having a wildly intellectuosexual love affair with Ian's whole shit at all times.

Look at this fucking masterwork of absolute genius. Look at this entire fucking universe he's educating us about.

{[how-VFX-concepts-[[[ex.: light sources]]]-should-be-applied-and-how-they-vibe-with-worldbuilding-concepts]}

Ian is god. Long live Ian.

Beeg is also god, also long live Beeg.

(You are also god. God is also you. Long live you. Long live us.)

Welp, guess I'm solidly into my 'incomprehensible' phase, now, huh? Next-stop: Philip K. Dick. *toot toot*

Ian this is the coolest shit I have ever seen you make, and I've already had to say that to you a thousand times.

fffUCK, dude.

#fuckyeahmakestuff

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Holy fucking shit.

This is an insane amount of work, and he's doing it alone.

Hadn't checked out the lazy tutorials, either. Such an effectively executed principle.

I think Teal'c is right, Ian just may be God.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Agreed

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Today in "Haha reality is crumbling"

Thumbs up Thumbs down