Re: The Coronavirus Social Thread

So this client is taking quarantine well.

https://scontent.ffcm1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/91173879_589378815123006_1862266388974927872_n.png?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=jdlQHSy9poEAX-73SuE&_nc_ht=scontent.ffcm1-2.fna&oh=7f72c7be4a107a0fee71b6a835581b74&oe=5EA5539D

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

I'm starting a new job (remotely) on Monday at a major grocery store chain in TX (oh yeah, I moved from MD to Austin last year smile). I'll be working on their mobile app for curbside pickup and delivery. Hot business these days! And the job I just left was in healthcare, heh.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey, it's Sam!

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

big_smile I hope you're all staying healthy and sane!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

we're on a two or less social isolation quasi-lockdown here, punishable by fines, jail, etc. First death just recorded today. Rate of increase is slowing despite the worst being still to come.

I'll be fascinated to see which of all these mathematical models of epidemiological statistics actually pans out and what the aftermath is in terms of recession/depression, subsequent flare-ups, and if life-as-we-know-it substantially changes (e.g. working from home becomes the norm not the exception).

I remember after the GFC there were many predictions of the end-of-capitalism, and then we got more inequality than ever and almost all subsequent elections in the Anglo-Sphere were wins for the right. It was business as usual soon enough.

But in any case, this is a serious dress-rehearsal for subsequent pandemics. Governments will need to have Quarantine-towns set to go for all incomers (particularly cruise ships). There'll be debates over how many we can sacrifice to keep the economy afloat and if the government can just print their way out of every crisis.

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down