Re: For now, I shall discreetly omit the 'K'-word from this title.

God DAMN, Alice. God DAMN. So fuckin' pretty.

To go with the apocalyptic theme, coupla oldies y'all know quite well:

The Internet Song/The No More Internet Song
Literally

And another Sondheim:

The Ballad of Czolgosz

Last edited by Abbie (2020-03-16 02:20:32)

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

*curtsies* Thank you.

As always, Abbie, your choice of songs is impeccable. I can definitely say I never expected "The Ballad of Czolgosz" in this thread, but that was delightful. Time for a re-listen to Assassins, methinks.

alicia ♆
twitter | instagram | website

God damn it.

God damn it. Why Teague. You should prepare more than this.

Mmf. This was fun as balls and I will no longer deny my vanity simply on the account of avoiding fun. Of course I was dragged back into this thread by a cover of my own song. Of course that's what did it. I am that asshole.

(Note: What actually did it was a combination of coronavirus, Cloe being out of town, and water-beer — but Abbie was the catalyst! Or my own vanity was the catalyst. Mostly my own vanity. Muhfuck. Internet-stupid is forever.)

Ugh. Teague. Stop posting to the karaoke thread when you're not all the way sober. You have future selves to be!

But I so miss doin' this. We should do this. I'm dumb. Why did I stop posting.

Sigh. Here's some stuff.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Holy shit you guys, I wubs woo. My participation in this thread is on hiatus indefinitely... well until I finish moving and check the lay of the land with new neighbours and tolerance to my screeching tongue.

Torn by Nat. Imb. was a staple song in the set of my pop band back in the day, Teague. Mainly cause our singer was a dead ringer for Nat-lee Imbroogly-woogly (I refuse to say her name correctly - the memories of playing that song night by night, have scarred me too much). At 1.5x speed... yeah it does sound like that other song. I don't know if you guys had a show called Stars In Your Eyes over there, if not not, it's a Saturday night singing contest where the contestants are gauged on how well they sing like a popular singer with the added 'lets dress them up to look like the artist too' componant. Anyways, my singer did pretty well on that gimmicky thing.

I digress. Keep it up guys.

(I also did see that there is a Bille Eilish bond theme karaoke thing)

I propose the formation of a DiF choir.

Last edited by Regan (2020-03-16 14:38:44)

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Abbie wrote:

To go with the apocalyptic theme, coupla oldies y'all know quite well:

The Internet Song/The No More Internet Song

The 'Half arsed and unfinished Regan ' No More Internet Song

Last edited by Regan (2020-03-16 21:40:40)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

"I'm just gonna do this song. Maybe one more. But I don't want to mess with my neighbors right now."

I hover over the video. 2:39/21:41. Fuuun.

(After listening to Abbie's, I recorded a few. They're uploading now as I watch Teague's.)

I was a child in the late 90s. So, unfortunately, when I hear the beginning of "I Will Survive", I think of this stupid thing.

"One last song, let's wrap it up." Video isn't halfway done. "HAH. No." Next forum group project? wink

Me at the end, doing totally other things, then prompted - "WHAT?" "WHO?" "Oh."

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Oh wait: my latest contribution.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Wait. That's not the song tongue

Thumbs up Thumbs down

echoing all of those sappy, gushy feelings. so grateful for the whole forum family ❤️

https://media.giphy.com/media/26hpKMTa5HgdSMhRC/giphy.gif

alicia ♆

(I made a whole reaction video and then was too embarrassed to post it. I hope to rectify this. More later.)

There's a dead spot in the middle of this [unforgivably-long] take, and you're gonna want to skip it. Sorry.

When you get to 19:25, you should skip to 23:21 — or, to 26:00, which is when things really pick up again.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Damn, dude, you killed that Beatles finale.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

*sings to work through current mood*

alicia ♆

SPOILER Show
Y'all know. Today was a long day. For everyone on Earth.

*just starts fucking bawling*

That was a beautiful song. Thanks. Also it was a beautiful performance. Thanks twice.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Also bawling. Thanks thrice.

That whole thing was fun as hell.

Also...

It's popped up in the thread before, but I particularly noticed it on this one (in your second song): your high register is really pretty, dude.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Really? I can't stand hearing it. Must be one of those things. Thank you *blush*

I was not familiar with "Only a Dream," but what a sweet song! and what a tone shift into ultimate showdown, lol. that's what the K thread is all about!

alicia ♆

Yeah I've always been a fan of musical whiplash tongue

"Only a Dream" is from Mary Chapin Carpenter's second album, "Come on, Come On". The album was a favorite of my dad's growing up, and he cited it as one of the few albums he'd listened to that was great start to finish, no weak spots; most other albums, from anyone, had weak spots here and there, or were really only worth it for a couple of hits.

The verse at the end, with the line, "...And all that I saw / Was a bed and a desk and couple of tacks / No sign of someone who expects to be back" was going through my head a couple years ago when I left the wedding videography job, as I was clearing my desk. Someone who'd come on for a season and was going to be leaving at the same time was also familiar with the song; I played it on my phone and she yelled, "How dare you," at the first couple notes.

(Boter, if you're moved by that moods, you might really like "Cotton" by The Mountain Goats.)

(Cloe's favorite song, by one of her favorite bands; possibly favorite song of all time. I love it.)

(Clicky.)

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

YouTube is being weird about embeds at the moment but nevertheless, I did some singing today.

alicia ♆

See you say that embeds aren't working, but by your grace, it's been fixed.

And I'm gonna grant that as the best version of that I've heard; and when management gets picky about music played at the bookstore, believe me that I've heard my fair share of versions.

dammit, I can't touch my face and I've got something in my eye...like a twig, or a branch...

thank you. that is some high praise.
(but objectively the best version is Cristin Milioti ❤️)

alicia ♆

here's a special pandemic treat for the K thread, because we've been all sappy-gushy. please enjoy this footage of my first glee club solo. baby alicia circa 2011, singing OneRepublic, conducted by Rayne Beveridge. (my friend graham is the second solo. no one tell him I posted this.)

some are born singers, some achieve vocal greatness, and some have glee club thrust upon them

alicia ♆

how the fuck did I miss this this is solid gold

Glee club babies!

*uproarious applause at the everything and the sharing of it*

Man. I wish we had things at my school.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down