Re: Coronavirus Streaming Ideas thread

It took a literal plague, but National Theatre Live is finally putting old broadcasts online! Starting tomorrow – haven't seen any of the current lineup, but if they get around to these, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf with Imelda Staunton, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead with Dan Radcliffe, King Lear with Ian McKellen, and Fleabag are all excellent.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, I  am so hyped for that. There's a couple that were making the rounds when I was still within driving distance of a theatre that showed them, but wasn't able to make it to. I know the Hiddleston Coriolanus and the Mckellan Lear were both on my radar last season but then *vaguely waves around* life, y'know.

And btw, if they post the Cumberbatch Hamlet, it's absolutely excellent. I got to see that one when it was making the rounds.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

My band did a livestreamed concert on facebook. Does that count?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I know this made a pretty big splash a while back when it all went online, but I completely missed it and just discovered it a few days ago...

Taskmaster. Greg Davies and Alex Horne challenge a group of 5 comedians to a series of bizarre tasks, and judge them. Harshly.

I found this on friday afternoon, and by the end of the weekend I had blown through 2.5 seasons. It's so freaking hilarious and fun, and it's all online, for free, officially. Craziness.

This was where I started, and I still think it's one of the best groups.

Each of the first 5 seasons is 8 episodes, and season 6 is 10 episodes; and I'm pretty sure S7, which is releasing right now, is going to be 10 as well.

ZangrethorDigital.ca