Re: Cool vids...again.

That was delightful smile

Witness me!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Cue BDA grinning like a mad fool for 3 minutes and 2 seconds:

ZangrethorDigital.ca

So, I know BDA caught this on my Twitter, or maybe when I posted something in the chat about it, but I may as well post it here:

This is Project Binky. It was started in 2013 when two blokes in a shed in England decided to take the modern turbocharged and all-wheel-drive powertrain from a rally race world championship winning Toyota and shove it into a classic Mini. Never you mind that Toyota was 54 inches longer, 12.7 inches wider, and had a wheelbase (which is the measure from the center of the front wheels to the center of the rear wheels) 19.2 inches shorter.

They make brackets to funk music, routinely make fun of themselves, and it's a fun watch even if you're not 100% sure what's going on all the time, or if you're not a huge car nerd (like I am). Also, it's in colour!

And they have a mug that they just came out with that just says NMFP on it in big letters... to let people know whose problem they're really dealing with. Yes... the project car is still going on after 7 years. But we'll hopefully see the color of the paint soon!

Last edited by Ben (2020-06-22 19:05:43)

Babish mentioned this channel in yesterday's episode and so naturally I decided to check it out and wound up binging 15 episodes in a row. #DammitBabishDotGif

The short pitch: That one actually cool and engaging interpreter at the historical museum on that horrible class field trip you had to go on in 7th grade, who teaches you about cooking and living in the 18th century and somehow actually makes it interesting. This guy just radiates 'best teacher I had in high school' energy, it's great, I love it.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

YEAH, WELL, BABISH WAS TALKING A LOT OF SHIT FOR SOMEONE STANDING IN MUSKET RANGE

I only come out for the weirdest YouTube drama.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

...gotta say dude, I usually don't have a clue what you're on about, but I REALLY don't a have a clue what you're on about this time.

Babish was nothing but complimentary in his half a sentence mention of Townsend.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Ben wrote:

So, I know BDA caught this on my Twitter, or maybe when I posted something in the chat about it, but I may as well post it here:

This is Project Binky. It was started in 2013 when two blokes in a shed in England decided to take the modern turbocharged and all-wheel-drive powertrain from a rally race world championship winning Toyota and shove it into a classic Mini. Never you mind that Toyota was 54 inches longer, 12.7 inches wider, and had a wheelbase (which is the measure from the center of the front wheels to the center of the rear wheels) 19.2 inches shorter.

They make brackets to funk music, routinely make fun of themselves, and it's a fun watch even if you're not 100% sure what's going on all the time, or if you're not a huge car nerd (like I am). Also, it's in colour!

And they have a mug that they just came out with that just says NMFP on it in big letters... to let people know whose problem they're really dealing with. Yes... the project car is still going on after 7 years. But we'll hopefully see the color of the paint soon!

I have just inhaled 7 years of Project Binky. I've had it on while I'm working the last two days. That's an awful lot of fabricating. Dammit. Now I just wanna see it finished.

It also beats the Wintergaten Marble Machine X for youtube build series lengh.

Last edited by Regan (2020-07-02 13:57:37)

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

(BDA: This Townsends/Babish interaction has been an ongoing joke between the fandoms, not just that one mention you saw.)

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Every time Mezerg releases a new video it's a rollercoaster of amazement, fascination and sick sick grooves. My gods it's glorious.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Most of the music theory stuff went over my head (Although not as much as I was expecting, so hey, maybe I'm picking something up watching all these vids) but even just the history aspect of it is fascinating.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

This may just be one of the most utterly fascinating things I've ever seen. The longer you look and listen the more absolutely unfathomable questions begin to emerge, it's beautiful.

edit:

I went down a bizarre Street Performer youtube rabbit hole. I make no apologies.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Huh.

I enjoyed both of those.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

BigDamnArtist wrote:

That FUCKING voice, holy shit.

Excuse all the swearing, but FUCK.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Saniss wrote:

That FUCKING voice, holy shit.

RIGHT?! Of all the things I was expecting to happen once he started, it wasn't that. It's incredible.

If I'm reading the bio on their website right, they're a group of Danish travelling musicians living/working in New York.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Solely because until about 4 minutes ago I'm pretty sure I'd never even thought about what Hanson is up to these days... but it's cool to see they seem to have pretty much completely avoided both the child-pop stars and boy band curses.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Today in visions from another reality:

What a trip.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Welp, I absolutely loved that Mmmbop.

And the music video for Duel of the Fates sent me on a whole lil trip. I remember that pre-movie hype.

Felt good man.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

If you pause at 3:31, it's Ewan McGregor with his episode 2 hair. But yeah this was a cool video. Progressively, these music videos showed less and less behind-the-scenes footage. This one has footage of both the production and Williams conducting. The episode 2 music video only has the Williams footage. And the episode 3 one has nothing from behind-the-scenes and only has movie footage.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ZangrethorDigital.ca

holy shit

ZangrethorDigital.ca

This is one of the most singularly engaging things I've seen all year.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

ZangrethorDigital.ca

ZangrethorDigital.ca

ZangrethorDigital.ca