Re: Coronavirus creations

I'm going to hazard a guess and say another shed.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Owen_Ward wrote:

I'm going to hazard a guess and say another shed.

Sheds making shed. How perverse!

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

more shed

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

It's shedding

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

For the last ten months I've been working on a quarantine creation that's more of a quarantine curation—getting my entire movie and TV library ripped to a Plex server. Today, I finished the movie portion!

https://i.imgur.com/HS9NXQ5.png

Currently it stands at 1,332 movies and 31 TV shows—there are still a fair number of the latter for me to rip, but I'm taking that slowly. I made it partly as a backup for my discs, but primarily to share movies that aren't streaming otherwise or are hard to find with friends—so if anyone here would like access to stream from its library, just let me know! Nearly all files are direct Blu-Ray rips; the remainder are either DVD rips or downloaded files in cases where no disc version is available. Right now it's streaming in 480p–720p depending on the hardware you're using, but I'm planning to invest in increasing my upload speed so full 1080p HD is possible.

You can see an almost-complete list of the content currently on the server here. Among other things, some of the rarer inclusions are:

- the Despecialized Editions of the original trilogy
- a color correction of the Fellowship of the Ring extended Blu-Ray that removes the green wash and restores it to the proper grade
- an HD reconstruction of the Amadeus theatrical cut
- a mostly-uncensored cut of The Devils
- numerous Japanese, Taiwanese, and Chinese films that have yet to get a US disc release of any kind
- nearly the complete Hong Kong Rescue collection
- numerous National Theatre Live performances

Last edited by Abbie (2021-03-21 20:57:46)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

....I am *very* interested in the Despecialized Editions tongue I have always been curious

Witness me!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Awesome! DMing you instructions.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm super late to this thread because I was away for a while. I don't really have a reason, life just was life and it lifed all over me.

Here is my pandemic creation. Frederick Matthew Sprague born 9:35am on October 26th, 2020. So little sleep...

Post's attachments

IMG_20210528_133531_645.jpg
IMG_20210528_133531_645.jpg 79.38 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
"I solemnly swear I am up to no good." - Han Solo, Terminator 2: With a Vengeance

Since the pandemic started (and is still ongoing here in sunny Florida, oh joy), I've gotten back into car detailing. My beloved Miata ended up being sold to my dad after he had a health scare (he's okay; he just had his 3-month checkup and is all-clear) that made him feel like life is a bit short and he wanted his toy Miata sooner than he originally thought. It was always the plan for him to get it, so I've moved on, back to a Mini this time. And that means detailing. My buddy also traded in his Miata because prices were really good and ended up with a BMW 2-series.

A couple weeks ago, we busted out all of my detailing gear and polished up the cars. His car was clay barred before performing a 3-stage polish, glaze, sealant, and wax. Mine started with a clay bar and then was 2-stage polished before applying two coats of AvalonKing ceramic coating.

Neither car is perfect, but they're pretty friggin' good for a couple of amateurs.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51386553698_a740072855_b.jpgIMG_2712 by Ben, on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51387044844_d595e2ae3b_b.jpgIMG_2709 by Ben, on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51386304386_5a15886c48_b.jpgIMG_2728 by Ben, on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51386553388_0ff714403e_b.jpgIMG_2731 by Ben, on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51387313420_9fa6611ba0_b.jpgIMG_2730 by Ben, on Flickr

Those look great, dude! I don't even really take the effort to wash my car, let alone detail, but I absolutely appreciate what it takes. Great job!

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Thanks. With the ceramic coat, I can give it a wash with my foam cannon once every or every other week for almost no effort and the car looks brilliant again. And it should stay that way for the next 3 to 5 years since I garage the car. Ceramic coating is so, so much effort but it's all front loaded. No need to wax for 3 to 5 years? Yeah, totally worth it when you do it yourself.

Having someone do it for you, then you have to decide what the cost-benefit is because you're looking at a few thousand dollars.

Looks like I'll be helping another friend soon. Helping is way better because I don't have to physically do all the work myself, haha. But a buddy just picked up a 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance with 50k miles and wants to undo everything the previous owner might have done in regards to upkeep and then ceramic coat the exterior and seats (white interior, which... it wouldn't have been my choice but it's also not my car).

I fall in to Boters camp - I've just bought a 20 year old pristine low mileage Triumph Tiger motorbike and wish I had the patience or dedication to keep it in this condition - It's never gonna happen being that its my daily rider but I wish it were kept this way

Last edited by Regan (2021-09-01 21:10:40)

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

It's actually not so hard. You can get into detailing for a relatively low cost and you don't have to drop a ton of money to do paint correction. A couple of coats of a good glaze will actually fill in a lot of those minor scratches and help add depth to your paint. Glaze will run you about $13 a bottle and last you for a while. Sealant is a little more expensive at $20/bottle, but it means your glaze lasts longer. My favorite wax, liquid wax, is a $9 bottle and is super easy to apply and buff off. So for under $50 in consumables, plus some microfiber applicators and towels, you're set for a LOT of detailing work. Then it's just basic soapy washing.

If people are interested, I'll post up a thread on what I've got, what I like, what I don't like... all that jazz.

Sure - that'd be a fun thread on its own smile

I did a basic soapy wash the other day then a bit of touch-up paint for stuff that's been in my car since I got it which I'd never gotten around to fixing. (Steph's car is close to mine in color so I hit hers too.)