Re: The Mandalorian (spoilers)

Ben wrote:

And if you think the fact that both those scenes mirrored each other is sheer coincidence, I'd bet you're wrong.

There was one specific hallway shot in there that legitimately made me pause and wipe a proverbial tear from my eye.... "Like father, like son. He'd be so proud." That entire sequence of Luke kicking ass was so so good.

I was a little concerned about the Dark Troopers at the end of the last episode, but they managed to tread that really interesting line Star Wars does with droids, where they are inherently just kind of ridiculous. Like the almost goofy methodical mindlessness to just standing there punching a door, but it works because they are LEGIT TERRIFYING in that fight.* So getting to see Luke just casually strolling through all of them was so freaking cathartic and good good Star Wars.

(*The flashback sequence to Mando's town being attacked by the droid army when he was a kid was SO freaking good at this, in the prequels the Super Battle Droids are like kinda cool and interesting, but don't really hit with that visceral punch, but in Mando they are gaddamn terrifying.)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Re: The Mandalorian (spoilers)

Ben wrote:

Apparently, season one of Fett and season three of The Mandalorian will have the same storyline, just from two different points of view (how Star Wars is that?).

It's very CW DC, is what it is, and that has me instinctively a bit worried. We'll see, though.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.