Topic: Summer playlist fundraiser for First Nation Peoples in BC

hey team - if you've got a moment, I've got something to share. TW: residential schools, death

a few days ago, a mass grave was discovered at a former Indian Residential School in Kamloops, BC. the grave contained the bodies of 215 Indigenous children. it's a heartbreaking reminder of the atrocities that my country has committed against our Indigenous population and the generational trauma we've caused.

so my friends and I are trying to do our bit. we have an ongoing project where we release a new playlist every month. June is Indigenous History Month here. we're inviting everyone to add their favourite summer song, and for every song added, we will donate $5 to the Indian Residential School Survivor Society (IRSSS). https://linktr.ee/perfectplaylistproject The playlist will be closed on June 20.

if you've got a minute, I welcome you to add your dubious music taste to the playlist, and perhaps take a minute to learn about what the IRSSS does. reconciliation is ongoing work, and I hope that this small fundraiser can help contribute to it.

writing to you from the unceded territories of the Coast Salish and Interior Salish Peoples, including the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.

alicia ♆
twitter | instagram | website

Re: Summer playlist fundraiser for First Nation Peoples in BC

Being old, I was radicalized by this song (especially its video) during the summer it was released.
Doesn't really fit in your playlist though. ;-)

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well. I don't have a Spotify account, but if someone were to added Loaded by Primal Scream, I'd appreciate that. I don't know if it qualifies as a "summer song" but it's a great windows-down driving song, and such driving is my favorite part of summer, so there you go.

Moreover, I'll certainly be making a direct contribution. Thank you for the work you're doing, Alice.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

you know what Drew, I think we should add it anyway smile

thanks Boter! we will add your pick to the playlist, and I very much appreciate you making a contribution. so far we're up to 35 songs ($175), plus one person who said they would match our donation, for a total of $350.

alicia ♆
twitter | instagram | website