Re: Cool vids...again.

Just me sitting here for 20 minutes with biggest, dumbest grin on my face.

Last years video if you missed it:

ZangrethorDigital.ca

ZangrethorDigital.ca

ZangrethorDigital.ca

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Never mind how he his the target, ever...how has he not strangled himself?!?

<*-hits>

Last edited by drewjmore (2021-06-22 15:56:53)

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Late to the game again, and I'm 95% confident BDA must know about this, but last year, a Twitch streamer called WayneRadioTV directed a series called Half-Life VR but the AI is Self-Aware. Basically, the objective was to stream a playthrough of a version of Half-Life in virtual reality with experimental self-aware AI. Of course, it was all staged, and said AI was controlled by friends of Wayne.

The strength of the series, however, is that while they had set up some basic narrative guidelines, it was improv throughout. The end result is absolutely hilarious and the performances are amazing, especially that of Wayne's who almost never breaks character, playing the straight man trying to hold everything together. and maintaining the AI joke until the very end (even though it was absolutely obvious the characters were actors). The series actually ends up building a full story entirely based on the improv from everyone. It's an impressive feat and an incredibly entertaining moment.

Wayne edited the streams down to their best and most cohesive parts. The streams in themselves are great but long, and of course contain out of character moments, either when Wayne has to manage the livestream or when things go wrong or there's evidence we're not actually in Half-Life, but in Garry's Mod (as it was needed for the staging of the series - they actually had a friend operating invisibly as stage director, spawning objects, preparing scenes on the fly).

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Oh my God this is the best. I wasn't aware of this and am so happy you've brought it to my attention.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

I actually somehow totally missed that, sounds frickin amazing and so up-my-alley, I'll check it out. Thanks Saniss big_smile

On the subject of watching extremely niche, super talented, people being passionate about they do and sharing it:

EDIT:

OH RIGHT. The other thing. I got sucked into the Artstation learning section over my break and discovered a bunch of talks and stuff from an art convention, which are great, but I discovered that they have a few talks from Crash McCreery talking about his process and showing off a bunch of his art for (apparently) the first time ever. Either way, they're fun talks and it's cool to see and hear him talk about his own stuff:

(I'm pretty sure you don't need an account if my incognito mode check is to be believed)

Portfolio tour: https://www.artstation.com/learning/cou … h-mccreery
Talk: https://www.artstation.com/learning/cou … wAZ/part-1

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Glad you're interested, guys. I love, love, love improv and VA especially like this, and I so badly wish I was capable of it.

I just ended a run of the full streams (almost 13 hours, holy cow) and I'm so impressed by Wayne managing to maintain character even when his friends throw so incredibly funny stupid shit at him. Such a great project.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I finished the series, and am currently watching the cast/crew commentary on it. Oh my God, the extent to which they were flying by the seat of their pants with this.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Marc doing an ad for a German supermarket chain and making an absolute BANGER is just *chefs kiss* perfection.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

This is just /delightful/.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Being a JRPG guy, I can vouch. This totally works.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Every time Rob does one of these deep dive videos it is an absolute delight. This is almost 2.5 hours but doesn't feel it at all, entertaining, interesting and educational front to back.

EDIT:

OH YEAH.

Saniss wrote:

Glad you're interested, guys. I love, love, love improv and VA especially like this, and I so badly wish I was capable of it.

I was gonna say, I did actually end up watching this entire thing, and it was /fantastic/. I do want to go back through and listen to the commentary I just really haven't been in the headspace for it.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Rob is such a great dude. I love what he does. He's so passionate.

BDA: the commentary is great. It really strengthens the feeling of pure friendship between all these people. I love their spirit and the natural comedy their interactions bring, and the commitment to their imagination. Scorpy's laid-back vibe, his effortless humor is something to marvel at.

Last edited by Saniss (2021-09-17 07:16:37)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I didn't expect this to hit me as hard as it did, Grant really was someone special.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

She did another one! Pperhaps even more delightful than the first.

(The first one: )

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Warning going in: This scene is the moment Robin finds out John Belushi died, and it hits hard. So you know, be better emotionally prepared than I was, cause damn.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Woooow. This is astounding.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

BigDamnArtist wrote:

I didn't expect this to hit me as hard as it did, Grant really was someone special.

I was literally JUST there on Monday doing a location scout.  I hadn't known they had put that up, and I got more than a little choked up.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I miss Grant. What a guy.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Brilliant!

This kinda gives me pans of Adventures in Faking This vibes - in a friends hanging out and making music way.

I loved every minute of it.

re: I didn't know this was a recurring thing so now going backwards to watch the rest of this band that only exists for one day a year.

Last edited by Regan (2021-10-28 00:50:10)

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I've been so hyped for the release ever since they announced they'd be able to do it again this year, and I haven't even be able to find time to watch it yet, it's killing me.

Definitely do go back and watch the other two-...I mean, it's Andrew and Rob, obv it's amazing.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I'm on my way!

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

In other musical news:

BDG, the absolute madman.

ZangrethorDigital.ca