Topic: Galaxy Anne

Almost been six months since the little one joined our home, and it's been a challenging blast! There's a lot I could say, but I'll just spit some facts and leave some pictures and call it a day big_smile

Galaxy Anne is doing really well with us. Some days are harder than others, but she definitely considers herself to truly belong here (as well she should). Lots of amazing moments over these months:

First time she said "I love you!" or called me "Dad!" was about six weeks after placement. I absolutely did NOT pressure her to do so on any level, but just the same it was nice to hear after some weeks of her calling the Mrs "Mommy." Her temp foster family had let me know that she bonded much more quickly with the mom than with the Dad, so I knew ahead of time. But it was nice to know my care to let her feel safe with me worked smile Great feeling.

She's playing Zelda with us (Skyward Sword), occasionally taking over the controls semi-competently. Future gaming sessions are going to be a blast smile

She loves spending time "tinkering", i.e. using all kinds of random supplies to make contraptions and inventions like door-openers, hammocks for stuffed animals, twirly-gigs and whatnot. We've added a lot of tinker supplies to her arsenal.

She loves dresses, which is fantastic because I love shopping big_smile

She's gotten really into science (as a 5yo understands it) as we've introduced STEM kits through monthly subscriptions. Rockets and space are a passion of hers! She now wants to be a princess astronaut when she grows up, and then to be "queen of the moon".

There are, of course, bad days. Everything she's been through is ROUGH to process for a 5yo (or really, anyone), but we all love each other and belong together. That's what matters right now.

Photos link:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/QRFU7bNuFSKzvCT58

Witness me!

Thumbs up +5 Thumbs down

Re: Galaxy Anne

Dude! That is so great. I'm so happy that things are going well and you've really become that family together. Obviously a photo set is curated, but I believe what you say and I believer her smile that you and Mrs. Writhyn are being the family she deserves to have.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

This is the most adorable set of pics that ever was, and there's not even a cat in it so you can tell how much I mean it.

Your daughter is either the future McGyver, or Leia. Maybe both at the same time. Space McGyver Princess. Even her name is already a perfect name for it, and would perfectly sell for a TV show about an adventurous space princess who finds herself in trouble against space baddies every week and has to get out of it through her imagination and whatever she can find around her.

Get on writing, David!

In all seriousness, say hi to her and mommy. I'm really really happy for you three, especially as you've allowed us to follow this whole journey from the very beggining.

Last edited by Saniss (2021-09-29 08:27:17)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Ouch.

My heart can't take it.

Beautiful.

*uncontrollably blubbers*

I'm sure time it hasn't been easy for all involved, but great to see y'all smiling faces - it really warms my soul. 

*Cue Julie Andrews singing Getting To Know You*

I love that her little personality is shining through - the beginning of a lovely little family, you have there.  I'm over the moon for you guys... well... I will be if the monarch of the moon gives my flight clearance to buzz the tower tongue

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down