Re: Planning / Recommendations / Chit-Chat

I'm down. I might not pre-game warm up with an entire bottle of wine this time so might actually be coherent tongue

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I'm down for this weekend if peeps are around.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Same same

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Gah, I wish. Not available though, and I've been doing freelance work on evenings. January will be better for me. Have fun you crazy people.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Forum Games Night Christmas Bash!

Last edited by Regan (2021-12-16 22:41:31)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

(I'm down for either this weekend or next weekend, I think.)

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm bored more than anything else. New place. Don't know the area or people here, so I'm solidly in.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Assuming the weather doesn't take a turn for the even worse (HA. Last weekend= 0C, today = negative 38 with the wind chill. Fuuuuuuuuuucking northern BC) I think I'm still going to try heading home for Christmas weekend, so I'm out for next weekend. But I'm planning on being back for the following weekend, so we could aim for DiF Does New Years if enough people are around.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Insert 'I've got time Mr. Incrdible . Gif'

As a future game suggestion: No More Jockeys!

Alex Horne - creator of Taskmaster and his friends' and also well known comedians lockdown invention.

Watch it and try and figure out the rules. (rules are in the description but, columbo that shit first)

(not sure how that would work with a bigger group but a fun thing and mainly an excuse to hang out)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm good for this upcoming weekend.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Howabout this Sunday at 2 p.m. CST?

(That's 8 p.m. GMT, if I'm not mistaken.)

Also, we'll need to figure out who's hosting, if we're doin' Jackbox again and Shadow's not available. I'm down to figure out how to host it myself if nobody else has shit set up already.

Meanwhile, No More Jockeys is intriguing...

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm down for sunday. I have Quiplash but none of the Jackbox packs, but we could also do Gartic Phone which is free. Basically Telephone but with suggestions & drawing, and has a bunch of different game modes. Very fun.

https://garticphone.com/

(I watched a bunch of No More Jockey's back when I first got into Taskmaster and Alex's other projects, and I'm pretty sure you couldn't intentionally design a game that operated so entirely opposite of how my brain works. I kinda enjoy watching it every once in a while, although it's usually just "20 minutes of references BDA doesn't get", but yeah, not a game for playing for me.)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

3 PM on Sunday? I will try to be there. If you cannot find someone else with Jackbox to host, someone @ mention me on Discord and I'll jump in to do that. I've got Jackbox 2 and 6 and can host via Google Meets.

I'm down for this Sunday at 2 pm CST. I'd be happy to host Jackbox again (and have even picked up the pack I didn't have last time, as it was on sale recently) if that's what we want to do. Otherwise I've heard Gartic Phone is fun and I believe last time someone suggested Among Us. No More Jockeys seems interesting but I think I'd be really bad at it.

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

That time works for me! My vote goes to either Gartic Phone or Among Us.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Id be down for Among Us

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I've never actually played Among Us, but from what I've seen of it played, a proximity voice chat mod really improves things.

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Probably won't be able to make this one. I'll possibly be able to jump on a bit later though.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Shadow, never played with proximity chat, wouldn't mind trying to figure that out another time, and not sure how well it works if someone tries to join on their phone or something.

I've never played it either but it was the only one I recognised and looks fun from what I've seen. I'm down for anything. Heavy help may be required.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm not a huge fan of social deduction games, but I could be down for Among Us if that's what everyone else wants to go for.

As for modded, yeah afaik it only works on desktop since you have to use a modded client to launch it.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd want to play it on tablet or phone

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Tabletop sim and the world is our oyster...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

And hey - if after a round or two we find it isn't clicking, we can switch games midway through anyway.

I'm down for the next one!

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down