Re: Cool vids...again.

Boter wrote:

Tom Scott did a collaboration with Beardyman (if you're unfamiliar with him, but he looks familiar, he's Jay Foreman's brother, but to a lot of people Jay Foreman is Beardyman's brother).

I was in awe through the whole process and I've listened to the resulting track roughly five times a day the past couple days since this came out.

Holy crap, that was very inspirational!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This kid doesnt play the same guitar instrument I play...

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Gorgeous.

I don't think I've seen someone do that trick with the tuning peg before.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Nor me - ateast with such competancy. Rubbing your belly while patting your head springs to mind

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Since I know there's a decent portion of us that get on board with some good ambient white noise and spaceship sounds:

(You'll all be glad to know that I deleted a good 4 paragraphs of random BDA-art-thought-nonsense about thematic use of medium and unconventional storytelling here. You're welcome.)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Teague wrote:

Gorgeous.

I don't think I've seen someone do that trick with the tuning peg before.

I think it's more common with bass. There's a special peg with an extra handle that allows you to shift the tuning by a step (and probably half-step too). Youtuber Charles Berthoud often uses it:

(also this guy is the most impressive modern bassist I know. He's absolutely insane and his precision is out of this world.)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Those tuning machines are neat!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ZangrethorDigital.ca

This guy.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

"Yes. Yes, Ian. Very eloquent. Now can you just put on the damn helmet and cape and say Charles"

I jest. If my English teacher had an ounce of this and wasn't clearly claiming a pay check, I might have enjoyed Shakespeare at school.

Last edited by Regan (2022-04-22 17:48:28)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ZangrethorDigital.ca

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Now, I dont get anything from ASMR videos, but this guy modeling stuff out of clay sort of centres me

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ZangrethorDigital.ca

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Gods bless speedrunners man, wtaf.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Third design results = magical.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Wow, I kept getting that recommended to me but I never got around to actually watching it. That's astounding. The last one, with Bluetooth connectivity for real-time axis shifting, was by far my favorite.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Reminds me of this:
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/avatar/images/d/d3/Elemental_tornado.png

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

ZangrethorDigital.ca

ZangrethorDigital.ca

ZangrethorDigital.ca

ZangrethorDigital.ca

It's sort of weird that his comatose brain in limbo took him to the lake district. I sort of moved here for much the same reasons - a bit in limbo, post pandemic, ended up knocking at the door of the lake district - "happy place". It's nearly an exact year since I moved here. I didnt put it quite so sentimentally as Richard, but whent I moved up here, it stirred up some memories.

or here

Happy Place - Agreed!

Last edited by Regan (2022-11-24 23:08:17)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I know we don't post many Kickstarters, but I thought this community would be interested in this one.
"A documentary about the career of legendary production designer Joe Alves (Jaws, Close Encounters) and his four decades in Hollywood."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ja … rage-joe-0

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool