Topic: Inktober 2022

Alright.

I'm doing Inktober again this year!

Not sure how I want to go about it yet, but last year brought me so much, I really want to try it again.

I'm opening this thread right now, because I want to motivate people in joining me! Doodle something, write a short, do photography, make music, knit a sweater, anything! The Inktober format has found its way into many different fields, and there's a reason for that: it's an amazing exercise for your creativity muscle, and it can lead to many things.

I gave it a try last year, unsure where it would lead me, if anywhere. What happened was I slowly found a visual style I didn't know I had in me, and I discovered a whole new way of expressing strong personal ideas, which I now give attention to as much as I do to photography. Even printed some of them, which are now displayed in an exhibition! I haven't done new digital art during the year but guess what, October is getting nearer, so I'll have motivation again to paint some stuff!

Can't recommend enough you guys give it a try. This place is as good as any to share it, and doing it as a group will be a great motivational help. Do one everyday, every other day, every week, whenever, just do it!

https://c.tenor.com/ZpWIgnTC1dQAAAAM/shia-la-beouf-just-do-it.gif

Prompts will be posted on September 1st, but if you go to inktober.com and subscribe to the newsletter, you'll get them by August 25th. I discovered them two days before the beginning of October last year, and I... don't recommend it.

Who's in?

PS: a discord channel dedicated to it could also be neat, just sayin'

Last edited by Saniss (2022-08-18 12:07:48)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Inktober 2022

Fuck it.
I'm in.
But you probably have to remind me.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh, I will.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Unfortunately (but awesomely), I'll be out of town for the entirety of October shooting a movie with iJim in Baltimore. Not that this means I won't have any time, just that I'll be mighty distracted.

I definitely look forward to seeing what people make. I might doodle some stuff just to say I participated, but... mostly, I'm out. hmm

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I've started.
Working one track 4 now, which is giving me cramps, but that's how it https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/w5Xsg3wXMmbbuTgY9
Posting to soundcloud, so bookmark this smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

I'll be out of town for the entirety of October shooting a movie with iJim in Baltimore.

This is the BEST news I've heard in years.  Love to hear it.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down