Topic: Up in the Air

How many of you have seen this now? I just got done watching this and I am really disapointed in myself for not watching this sooner. That is the best  movie of last year. This maybe an knee jerk reaction to an emotionally manipulative movie. It gives me the same reaction as forrest gump did when i was 15 ( dating me a bit).

Who has seen it and what did you think?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Up in the Air

Up In The Air was a forgettable disappointment. Good acting, bad script, barely serviceable direction, and incompetent editing.

Posted from my iPad
http://trek.fm

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Gregory Harbin hates you and he hates the things you like.

I saw it in the Best Picture showcase and I liked it way better than The Blind Side, at the very least. It's ultimately a dispensable film, but Clooney is charming as always and there were some strong laughs in there. I wouldn't go so far as to say best movie of last year. As I said on the anniversary show, that honor goes to Precious in my book.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have yet to see Precious. I just have severe problems with the story in hurt locker and obv avitar. The blind side is totally throw away. Up I really enjoyed but I can understand why some people didnt love it although i really did. I also have a dog that is a real life version of dug.

The characters just felt real and George Clooney went out of his standard Infallable charming character. In this his character has serious emotional damage. I was expecting something that was a cross between thank you for smoking and juno. Although I like those movies those characters always feel like cartoons. These characters have strong emotional grounding that allows them to be more 3 dimensional. At the end I cared and was sad for his character even if all of it was telegraphed.

Thumbs up Thumbs down