Topic: The worst movie you love.

BASEketball.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: The worst movie you love.

I really love Repo! The Genetic Opera. It's a cheesy musical, and I can't stand half of the songs, but the half of the soundtrack I CAN stand is so fucking catchy. There's fake blood everywhere and Paris Hilton kind of wants to fuck her brother. I don't even know.

Anthony Stewart Head disemboweling people should not be so enthralling!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Speed Racer, if movies that we actually think are good count.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

+1 for Repo!. Alexa Vega, yes please.

Also Terrance Zdunich is a beast of a beast, love it.

Although my original contribution for this one is a bit of a toss up,

I say Ice Age, because it is unequivocally my favorite animated movie of all time and proudly sits on the podium of my instant go to movie, but most people I talk to about it are just sorta meh about it, a few go so far as to say they hate it.

But as for a legitimately bad movie...

Zoom.

Yes, the Tim Allen, superhero thing. It just hit me at a really weird time in my life and is just ingrained in my mind as one of those things that always lifts my spirits whenever I watch it.

But honestly I have a whole list of "bad" movies that I love.

And honestly, I really enjoyed Speed Racer when I saw it (assuming we're talking about the 2008 flick), but I havn't seen it in a while, so I'm not sure if it stills holds up....but...I still remember that kid and his fukin monkey pissed me off so much.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

King Kong, 1976. I'll take Jeff Bridges, Charles Grodin, and Jessica Lange over either other cast any day. I'm on record as saying that somebody ought to somehow recut the 1976 and 2005 versions to keep the earlier cast and the later ape.

Jumanji, 1995. People seem to hate it but only ever cite the "unrealistic monkeys" as a reason, but I love it unabashedly.

And also Star Trek, 2009. I'm not blinded by the fact that it is great fun to the fact that it is utterly ridiculous nonsense.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

I love Cloverfield, although I don't think most people would call it "bad". Of course, a lot of people have really strong negative opinions, so I think that it fits into this category.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Cloverfield is great, I don't think it can be called 'bad' at all. Christ, I love films like Tango & Cash and Little Monsters. One of my favourite action films is Commando, for crying out loud

Cloverfield is a masterpiece compared to them big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dune (1984) Not sure why I love this movie, it has everything I need to hate it, but I don't, and I still can't figure out why.

The Postman (1997) I have a soft spot for Post Apocalyptic Media, even more so when it takes place in my home state of Oregon, I just can't help myself sometimes.

Postal (2007) I'm a big fan of the Video Game series that this is based off of, which is why I was not exactly happy to learn that Uwe Boll was making a Postal Movie, But I was really fucking surprised by this movie, I mean its not great, but it gives mea bit of hope that Uwe Boll will one day make good movie.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

In no world can Commando ever be considered bad. Definitely one of my favourites too Shifty, that Predator, Conan and Running Man are my favourite of Arnold's historical documents.

I really like Dune, it's hard not to be taken in by its scope and story - and that fantastic cast!

For me, I'd probably say The 13th Warrior. It's got a few problems and suffers a bit especially in the third act but it's one of only two viking movies that are actually worth watching (the other being The Vikings with Kirk Douglas and Tony Curtis).

And maybe Doom, the one with Karl Urban and the Rock. I liked that one, though it appears to be widely regarded as a pile of dog shite.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

DoctorSubmarine wrote:

I love Cloverfield, although I don't think most people would call it "bad".

Shifty Bench wrote:

Cloverfield is great, I don't think it can be called 'bad' at all.

Cloverfield belongs in this thread.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

I love Krull with a passion.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Krull is awesome. Love that movie so much. It's... not bad is it?

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Too many of this type of thing has been "ruined" by Rifftrax or iRiffs so I can't enjoy the badness on its own anymore, but....

Odin: Photon Sailer Starlight. This 1985 anime movie is both way too long and feels like it was edited down from a 26 episode TV series. Every choice is wrong, adding up to an incredible experience. Avoid the cut dub, and watch the subtitled 135 minute original!

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'll probably have to turn in my comm badge for this, but I don't think Star Trek: Nemesis is that bad, at least not as bad as everyone seems to make it out to be.  It's still better than Generations or Insurrection, which puts it second to First Contact in terms of the TNG crew.  And while I share most of Brian's points with regard to what's wrong with Trek '09, I still thoroughly enjoy it and look forward to where they take the series next.

Of course if they fuck up the next one, the gloves come off.

Scanners doesn't get a lot of love here but it's more than just a splodin head. Patrick McGoohan's awesome, Michael Ironside's great too but most of his dialogue was dubbed which is a little distracting. Lousy sound in this movie. But a great concept which they pissed away with 4 crappy sequels.

I like that they don't hide it's a Canadian movie, that takes place in north america. You'd have to be Canadian to give a shit, but it's common to stick a US flag in front of a building and call it New York - especially back then during tax break mania.

redxavier wrote:

I really like Dune, it's hard not to be taken in by its scope and story - and that fantastic cast!

And the fact that they pose like statues during the end credits. It's weird but in the context of this crazy movie, it's awesome.

Astroninja Studios wrote:

I love Krull with a passion.

Damn, gotta watch that thing one of these days. edit: Directed by the guy who did Bullitt, The Friends of Eddie Coyle and Breaking Away? Yeah, i think i'm watching it tonight. I'd like to see Eyewitness too, look at that cast.

Last edited by beldar (2011-03-09 22:36:57)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension.

I barely remember from VHS but I soo loved this crappy movie. Seeing bits again on YT, I  go WTF?!

But it's the vibe your honour!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Can't consider Buckaroo Banzai "bad". Not the same way a film that tried to be like that and failed would be.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I loved it (and the marvel comic) back in the day. I watched the long version recently and it was a little slooow. Stick to the theatrical version.

/big bootay!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Daredevil....  I really like the comic book and the way Frank Miller wrote the character.  Why can't they get the character right in the movie?  I envisioned a really back to basics fight with the character in the mud and rain, but NOOOOOO, they give us Ben Afleck doing wire work!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Armageddon. Cry every time... well, tear at least. Fucking no idea why.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Krull: I can see why people love it. The cheese is strong with this one, but it also has really great visuals. Lots of matte paintings, morphs not only 5yrs before Willow but better, huge elaborate sets, a well done cyclops dude, great music (a clone of ST: TWoK)... It could've been one of the best movies of that era with a some tweaks.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ichi the Killer. It started my abusive love affair with Takashi Miike.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The Farce of The Penquins, despite the fact that it consists of what I consider to be the most base humour style imaginable and completely outside of anything I would consider watchable in any other context, I really love this movie. I have huuuuuge respect for who ever had to corral all the footage and edit it down, but damn it all if it doesn't tell a damn funny, entertaining story.

EDIT: On second thought, it's really not that hard to imagine why I enjoy this one when they have Sam Freakin Jackson playing the narrator.

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2011-03-19 06:45:23)

ZangrethorDigital.ca