Re: Suggest a movie!

maul2 wrote:

Sooo...two years this makes it.

Are we disbanding with the anniversary episode tradition already?

Flying out there to record it next Saturday; should be released next Sunday.  At least that's my understanding.

Wootles!

ZangrethorDigital.ca

It's getting recorded next sunday

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

will you be doing video on this too, so we can watch live?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Year of the Dragon.
Other than the somewhat obnoxious lead actress i love this movie. Mickey Rourke and John Lone are great.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Can't believe I haven't mentioned it yet.

M*A*S*H.

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2011-03-16 00:35:39)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

maul2 wrote:

Can't believe I haven't mentioned it yet.

M*A*S*H.

MASH is so strange. I saw it after years of watching the TV show, probably even after the TV was over. It's like the TV show... and then they play a big football game. Like, WTF?! They have uniforms and pads and everything!

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

The "wake" for the guy who thinks he's dying is kinda boring too, but the first half of the movie is great. All of those actors were so talented.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

MASH is one of those movies that was heavily restructured in editing, which you can get away with in an episodic movie. If you guys are looking for themes to look into that might be one (it's also one of those cases where they took a pro-military book and made an anti-military movie). Another film that had major post-production changes that worked is Meatballs- it originally was all about camp councilor high jinks and romances, but when screenings bombed they cut half of that out and quickly filmed scenes of Bill Murray and the kid at a new set of Murray's cabin and a bus stop. Gave the movie a new emotional core and became a hit.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

with regards to Patton, i actually just watched it the other day.  Unless it was just a weird glitch on Netflix, none of the german scenes are subtitled.  but the great thing is, with a well placed "Patton" and a map, you get an idea of what they're talking about.   I didn't remember that from the first time I saw it.

I'm not sure if i remember seeing that in any other movie.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Might be a case where the DVD used soft subtitles for the German and the studio forgot to give Netflix the TV version with burned in subs.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ok, just found a tidbit on imdb that talks about  "their dialogue is translated falsely in the subtitles", so they are in the original movie.  this makes waaay more sense than having large chunks of a scene where the only english word is "patton"

however, i stand by my original statement, you get the gist of what they're saying...and it was a unique way of seeing it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Shackman wrote:

I'm not sure if i remember seeing that in any other movie.

The thermians didn't have subtitles in Galaxy Quest.

smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey guys! Crazy idea...

I know that this is technically not a movie and more a telemovie/miniseries, but it would be cool to hear your thoughts on Stephen King's The Stand. As a massive fan of the book and intrigued follower of the possible upcoming movie version, I'd love to hear what you think about Mick Garris' take on it.

Hm. Hmmmmm.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It would be fun to tackle. King did the adaptation himself, and did a rather good job of cutting subplots and combining characters in ways an outsider probably wouldn't. Not perfect by any means, there's probably a lot you could go into.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm sure this has been suggested man times but I think the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a no brainer. I loved that movie as a kid and continue to love it to this day. And who knew Sam Rockwell was in it?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Welcome to the forum James!

And TMNT is a good idea, methinks.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

jamesneysmith wrote:

And who knew Sam Rockwell was in it?

I rewatched TMNT just recently, and literally went "WHAT!" when he showed up onscreen. Particularly because I did specifically remember his character from watching the flick as a kid, but it had no connection in my mind to him.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

TMNT is one of the only flicks that I know of where Sam Rockwell doesn't dance in it...

Last edited by switch (2011-03-30 06:42:00)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

switch wrote:

TMNT is one of the only flicks that I know of where Sam Rockwell doesn't dance in it...

Well there was......but wait, there was...

Well holy shit.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I wouldn't mind seeing you guys tackling some Aardman stuff. Chicken Run would be cool.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

In the same vein, James and the Giant Peach.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

How about E.T.? Which I'm surprised hasn't been done yet.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

...yeah, I am too, come to think of it. Good suggestion. Welcome to the forums!

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down