Topic: (The old second-anniversary show thread.)

Yes, we're doing one. Next week, Sunday, probably evening.

We need a bunch of questions to answer for our, um, answering questions segment. "When are you doing Back to the Future" is pre-emptively disqualified. Question us creatively so we have something to talk about. (We're also taking suggestions for stuff to do with the episode. Last year we went before the Oscars and did a round-up, this year we didn't, so maybe it'll just be a short episode.)

Wee!

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: (The old second-anniversary show thread.)

what does each member of the panel do to prep for the show?  for example, I've heard different panelists state in different commentaries that they watched the flick before doing the commentary to brush up on it.  Are there any other things that different panelists do aside from watching the film beforehand?

I can't remember if you all answered this question during the first anniversary show...

Last edited by switch (2011-03-14 02:36:45)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Fucking right off the bat with a good question, well played sir.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I was about to answer when I realized the whole point of this thread.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Which do you prefer DIFing, good movies or bad ones?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

What movie do you look forward to doing a DIF for most?

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Has any panelist opted out of a movie strictly for disliking the movie as opposed to availability?

Have you ever considered doing commentaries for any television shows? For example: Dr. Drew's Celebrity Rehab.

Trey is usually barefoot during recordings. Does this seem gross to anyone (else)?

Eddie suggested doing some classic movies at one time, but DIF has never done any movie older than any panelist (Dr. Strangelove = 1964). Is this because Trey and Eddie are the only ones who understand how movies were made before electricity?

What does the Down in Front International Recording Studio smell like?

• Pine-Sol

• Pizza

• Doritos/feet (indistinguishable)

• Victory

I saw Jeff Goldblum on the BBC show Top Gear. He drove around their track in 3rd gear the whole time because he misunderstood the instructions from the racing driver. This has never happened before, even with Doctor Who's Billie Piper, who took a wrong turn and cut off 1/3 of the track, or Tom Cruise, who nearly rolled the car (and still topped the field). Does this seem normal for Jeff Goldblum?

Last edited by Zarban (2011-03-14 23:52:46)

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Got a big, loud laugh out of me on that last one. Great questions, Zarb, thanks.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Aw, fuck. Zarban stole my Jeff Goldblum question! big_smile

Anyway- Have any of you said or done anything while recording DIF that you now regret? Ok, this is mainly aimed at Teague big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

What TV do you use?

Name some guest panelists (famous or not) you'd like to have on, and the movies you'd watch.

What are each DIFer's favourite dvd commentaries?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Shifty Bench wrote:

Anyway- Have any of you said or done anything while recording DIF that you now regret? Ok, this is mainly aimed at Teague big_smile

I hate you.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Aw, thanks smile

(it's a real question for everyone though)

Last edited by Jimmy B (2011-03-15 00:44:21)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

What have each of you learned about storytelling and film structure while being a part of DIF?  And follow up question; have any of you incorporated what you've learned into any of your various projects whether professional or personal?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

teague wrote:

"When are you doing Back to the Future" is pre-emptively disqualified

*facepalm
have u guys ever considered doing a commentary for other mediums of entertainment. And while a six to seven hour commentary on the first LotR book would be sweet, i mostly mean video games.
Portal is probably the best suited for a commentary. Dorkman could make the "Games are Art" argument, and it wouldn't last much longer than an average movie.

2nd question: will dorkman ever reveal the epic-ness of his amazing chest during a commentary?

3rd: When will the edgar wright love-fest begin?

PS: when would you consider doing a bttf commentary?

Protection and power are overrated. I think you are very wise to choose happiness and love. -Uncle Iroh

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I know it defeats the purpose of the thread a little, but I'll go ahead and answer the second question now:

No dude. And if I'd ever felt inclined to, I wouldn't now because I wouldn't want to reinforce this kind of behavior. It was sort of funny if bemusing the first time you said it months ago but now it's getting old and edging into disturbing. Stop being a fucking creep already. Thanks in advance.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I should point out, the cast for the anniversary show will be myself, Brian, Dorkman, Trey, Ryan, Matt Vayda, Eddie, and Cloe. (That said, Eddie might not be able to make it.)

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

How has reviewing film changed your experience as a viewer? Do you find it difficult when watching film to switch out of review mode? How much do your partners hate going to the cinema with you now?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Have your views on a film ever shifted dramatically long after recording a commentary? And on a related note, are there any commentaries that you wish you could do over? (Armageddon, etc.)

Are there any panelists that constantly beg to do films that no one else wants to?

What are your ground rules for picking films to comment on?

What is the official snack food/drink of DiF?

I'm guessing that most of you actually listen to DiF. What are your favorite episodes that you aren't on?

Does anyone else have every episode on their MP3 device, or is it just me?

Last edited by Doctor Submarine (2011-03-15 15:22:50)

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm in.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

DoctorSubmarine wrote:

Does anyone else have every episode on their MP3 device, or is it just me?

No, but I have listened to most of the commentraies more than once. If I don't have anything to listen to (I love my podcasts), I've been known to download a DIF comm to listen to again. Plus, there are some I have listened to as a podcast then again with the film at a later time. And vice versa.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Describe each panelist without saying what they look like, what they wear, their professional role, or backstory.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

^win

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

If you could punch one forum member in the face, who would it be.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

lawl

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Phi wrote:

Describe each panelist without saying what they look like, what they wear, their professional role, or backstory.

And the one who everyone has the hardest time describing will heretofore be referred to as "The Least Well Written Down in Front panelist."

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down