Re: (The old second-anniversary show thread.)

And the one who everyone has the hardest time describing will heretofore be referred to as "The Least Well Written Down in Front panelist."

I like to think of it as "the biggest mystery."

(I will not heretoforth be known as "the guy who loses patience with movies ten minutes in." I will not.)

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dorkman wrote:

No dude. And if I'd ever felt inclined to, I wouldn't now because I wouldn't want to reinforce this kind of behavior. It was sort of funny if bemusing the first time you said it months ago but now it's getting old and edging into disturbing. Stop being a fucking creep already. Thanks in advance.

Im gonna go sit in the corner now

Protection and power are overrated. I think you are very wise to choose happiness and love. -Uncle Iroh

Thumbs up Thumbs down

*throws MadBadCoyote a beer*

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"Heineken? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!"

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I noticed this when trying to figure out what beer to buy for the Meltdown gig: Pabst Blue Ribbon is the only thing that is simultaneously insufferably hipster and insufferably redneck.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Making it insufferable!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

TrowaGP02a wrote:

If you could punch one forum member in the face, who would it be.

Can I answer this question too? You know, as the guy who has to fix a certain person's frequent problems.

"Most people don't even know what sysadmins do, but trust me, if they all took a lunch break at the same time they wouldn't make it to the deli before you ran out of bullets protecting your canned goods from roving bands of mutants."

-- http://stilldrinking.org/programming-sucks

TrowaGP02a wrote:

Well, that's not fair, considering Teague said he hates me. If someone randomly punches me in the face then runs away, I'll know who it is. The evidence is here!

big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

TrowaGP02a wrote:

Duck n weave people, duck n weave!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have another question and this can be for everyone who has been on DIF, not just the main 4-

Do any of you have a dream guest you'd like to appear on the show? If so, what film(s) would you have them comment on? This can include films you already have done comms for smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

When you start the inevitable spin-off of DiF for children with your commentary for Mary Poppins, how will you avoid scaring the more nervous kiddies with your trademark suave foul-mouthery?

(Other than in the name of the podcast, Down in Front, You Little Bastards, obviously.)

So they decided against Down With Children?

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I've got a few...hope they're helpful! smile

- What's one feature that any or all of you wish the podcast had, but doesn't right now?
- Favorite parts of making the commentaries?
- Any piece of advice overall mentioned on the podcasts that you wish filmmakers would use the most?
- What got Brian interested in Star Trek, etc?
- Genres of film (or TV) the panel likes to watch, v. genres they work on?
- For each: If you could re-do a commentary that you were a part of, but another panelist was absent and would have really made the recording more awesome, which one and who? [Have you all done this?]

Last edited by Anodreth (2011-03-17 07:33:28)

Has learning that a decent number of people listen to the podcast independently from the movie changed your approach at all (less specific references to what's on the screen..that sort of thing)?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Are there now friends/family members who won't watch movies with you because they just want to enjoy a movie without thinking?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Invid wrote:

So they decided against Down With Children?

My understanding is that that title contained insufficient bastards. (Not to be confused with the upcoming Asylum movie 101 Insuficient Basterds by Tartan Quentintino.)

When you started the commentaries did you really think you'd still be doing them 2 years later?

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Do any of you find it hard to watch a movie now without doing continuous commentary?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

What total volume of alcoholic beverage do each of you estimate you've drank over the course of recording Down in Front.

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Would you be surprised if, in the mysterious future, fans of commentaries will make movies that go with whatever you are talking about in each episode?

fcw wrote:

Would you be surprised if, in the mysterious future, fans of commentaries will make movies that go with whatever you are talking about in each episode?

On that note, I'd like to mention that, should I ever someday win an Oscar, you guys are definitely getting a thank-you in my acceptance speech. I've learned so much indelible information from you guys that not to do so would be a travesty.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

fcw wrote:

It would resemble the animation some guy did of stories his little daughter told (they showed a couple before a live Rifftrax show)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

What product would you pick to sponsor DIF?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

fcw wrote:

(Not to be confused with the upcoming Asylum movie 101 Insuficient Basterds by Tartan Quentintino.)

Oh, I heard he's good.

He's often called "the Robert Rodriguez of Mexico."

Invid wrote:

It would resemble the animation some guy did of stories his little daughter told

Oh, I heard he's good too.

He's often called "the Tartan Quentintino of the Internet."

Last edited by Zarban (2011-03-18 06:25:12)

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

"Last edited by Zarban (Today 02:25:12)"

Fuckin' tattletale.

Genius doesn't always strike in the first draft, you know!

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries