Topic: Hey, 'From the Earth to the Moon' fans...

...you know that awesome sculpture at the start of each show that was randomly obscured by Tom Hanks?  Here is an interview with the sculptor.

[As a side note to the DiF d00dz: thanks for raving about FtEttM -- my wife and I really enjoyed it.]

Re: Hey, 'From the Earth to the Moon' fans...

We're here for you, we really are.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You're WAY better than Pete Conrad. Or wait, is that the other one?

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

NOBODY is better than Pete Conrad. Pete Conrad owns all the awesome.

Nice find fcw. I always thought it was amazing. She's done quite a lot of other good stuff as well.

*sits patiently waiting for that double episode commentary*

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Although, in the interests of balance, I should also point out that the only time my wife has actually stomped on a movie's disk in disgust after watching it was Surrogates.

So, there's that.

redxavier wrote:

Nice find fcw.

Two things: call me Frank, for that is my, admittedly not entirely obvious, name.

Also, my wife found it; I am just a humble messenger, albeit apparently a bit late with thing where it's due.  Credit.

...are you Frank from the chat? Because I only just now put that together if so.

Instead of being ashamed, I will be resolutely pimp about it.

pimp

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Actually, I might be the 'frank' from the chatroom.
I've been participating each weekend since the "Legion" talk a few months ago.
But believe me, If I had the savvy to creat a "Me" Simpson character as my avatar, I would have done that long ago.
We "Franks" gotta stick together, cause most of the creeps or Jerks in movie history are given this wonderful name.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Some movie related franksters:
http://www.imdb.com/find?s=ch&q=frank

Thumbs up Thumbs down

frankasu03 wrote:

Actually, I might be the 'frank' from the chatroom.

Yep, I've only been in the chat a few times (most recently, the second anniversary show), and always as fcw.

frankasu03 wrote:

But believe me, If I had the savvy to creat a "Me" Simpson character as my avatar, I would have done that long ago.

Actually, it's a Futurama version of me (hint: not yellow) that I did for a New Year card my wife and I sent out a few years back.

frankasu03 wrote:

We "Franks" gotta stick together, cause most of the creeps or Jerks in movie history are given this wonderful name.

Well, at least we're not called 'Adolf'.