Teague, Killer of Threads :p
(1) his personal characteristics
* An egotistical man known for making absurd and ridiculous statements and creating controversies day in and day out. yay. -_-
(2) his administrations policies.
I would argue there is quite a bit of discussion of his administration's (and his party's) policies. I see them mostly as negatives.
* Tax cuts specifically aimed at the upper class. Who like, really need it. oh so much.
* Nationalistic, to the point of deliberately starting trade wars with China. Having to bail out farmers affected
* removal of Laws pertaining to protecting the environment/fighting climate
* A supreme court confirmation being delayed INTO his presidency so the previous President could not bring his nomination to a confirmation hearing.
* An attempt to repeal rather than improve the Affordable Care Act.
* Filling lower courts with conservative judges after the deliberate stalling of the previous President's attempts to fill their vacancies.
* Distancing ourselves from our allies, Germany, Britain, etc.
* Weirdly cozy with Dictatorships, (meeting with North Korea and Russia)
* Being okay with Neo-Nazi groups.
it goes on and on, but I'm tired and saddened already by the above list..
(3) whether people are better off (whether deliberate or unintentionally).
I think people will be fine with most things as long as they don't feel as though their life is being seriously affected by what is happening, blatant corruption be damned. Most people don't vote, largely due to apathy.
I wasn't really paying attention during GWB's years, as I was a young child busy with Pokemon at the time. Reading about that is just.. crazy. Sorry you guys had to go through that emotional roller-coaster of a few years.
I just hope that Trump doesn't begin a military conflict of some kind in the future in an attempt to raise support soon. I could absolutely see it.
I don't think his administration is good for most things, based on what I have seen. I wish I could pay even closer attention than I am, but I'm studying for exams and not sleeping enough already.