Topic: Farmageddon™ | WIP VFX Action short

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/314902_10150304718432787_559857786_7916275_669809829_n.jpg

I recently moved house from a city near the countryside to somewhere much more urban and decided to make one last film for the road, to say goodbye as it were. An action movie naturally.

It will probably end up being a mock up trailer andI've been doing lots of gun shots, screen replacements and a bloody big explosion So I thought I'd share a few still whilst I crack on.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/299856_10150275608947787_559857786_7752728_5780493_n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/312489_10150279366837787_559857786_7775092_1500681696_n.jpg

That's me as a grumpy scientist not long for this world. I've had a lab coat for a while from a film that wasn't finished so I keep using it in shorts to feel like I've gotten my moneys worth!

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/320631_10150304929192787_559857786_7916947_537962_n.jpg

and finally my first crack at a screen replacment, gotta love those corner pins.

Last edited by Faldor (2012-06-13 11:09:31)

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Re: Farmageddon™ | WIP VFX Action short

Good trick: you can actually track each corner on individual nulls and then link the corner pins to their respective nulls with a pick-whip expression.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thats great thanks Teague!

How complicated is it to do a screen replacement if the focus racks over to an actor then back to the screen?

would it be easier with the screen set to blue and keying it or will it be a roto job anyway?

Rack focuses are one of the tricks, like adding noise or shake or fucking lens flares, that can be a big help in tying a composited element into the scene. If you match the focus right, anyway.

I wouldn't use a blue screen for that, but you don't want it blank, because you'll need to be able to see the corners when it's out of focus. I'd probably use one of those brightly colored post-it sticker notes, divide it into four little squares a centimeter or two across, and paste those on the inside corners of the screen.

Track, get your corner pin data.

Then go back over them with the color of the screen, before adding anything to it. So it's like they were never there. You should be able to to just make a solid layer the color of that region of the screen for each corner and use your existing tracks to stick them on.

Then add screen, enjoy beer.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That's really useful I've noted it down to give a go.

I actually used a lens flare just out of frame on the left hand monitor above to help cover the join and Ornsack added one to the explosion to cover a multitude of sins.

and it's *finally* finished!

Last edited by Faldor (2012-06-13 11:10:01)

...you're a pretty strange guy.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Says the writer of apocalyptic show tunes?  tongue

cool

Sup.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Faldor wrote:

and it's *finally* finished!

None of that made any sense.

AND IT WAS AWESOME!

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Video has been removed by user?

ZangrethorDigital.ca

It's back smile

coo'

I shall report back shortly.

EDIT: I am in complete agreement with Zarban.

Obviously it has issues, just because of what it is, but I think you're aware of this. Solid work dude.

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2012-06-13 11:19:44)

ZangrethorDigital.ca