Re: Youtube Song Collaboration, anyone?

Tomahawk wrote:

Seems that way smile The BPM is 108, 4/4, if you wanna do your own metronome. Key will be whatever the hell I played it in. A Minor, Capo on 4th Fret.

C# Minor.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, there you go.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just throwing it out here, but Farewell sounds like a more interesting to do for a collab-y video with several instruments and styles. It leaves room for clean, quiet tracks, and riffs too. Solos, stuff.

(the vocals sound hard to pull off though)

(EDIT : ok, we'd need paulou on that one)

(EDIT2 : Okay that's a big song. We should probably keep it for next time.)

Last edited by Saniss (2013-02-08 00:19:59)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well I'm still living out of boxes, stuck in a middle of a move with all my recording gear packed away but I'll be happy to contribute if I can. I haven't played my electric axe in a couple of months so I'm a bit rusty though (now there's a phrase I thought I'd never use sad )

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I can play additional piano/keyboard for any future songs, if needed.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Found this. Could be helpful:

"Most people don't even know what sysadmins do, but trust me, if they all took a lunch break at the same time they wouldn't make it to the deli before you ran out of bullets protecting your canned goods from roving bands of mutants."

-- http://stilldrinking.org/programming-sucks

^ Holy shit, this is great. Do I like Linkin Park now?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Actually, I'd love to use my synths on this. If it'd suit people, I can start this thing off by building the backing track.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Feel free smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I kinda got carried away. I anticipate most of this won't be used in the final because all the other instruments will be able to fill the areas I'm currently filling with different synth parts.

110 bpm, in A minor. This file has four measures of click track before the song starts.

Also, I have found that it sounds pretty bad on anything other than good speakers or headphones. I think I'm a bad engineer.

Clicky.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Holy fucking crap, Teague!
That beat is AWESOME!

*note: we should totally use at least parts of this*

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

Also, I have found that it sounds pretty bad on anything other than good speakers or headphones. I think I'm a bad engineer.

Fancy sharing the multitrack?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Seconded. I'd like to have a crack(pun?) at vocals on that.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I figured everyone would be contributing their tracks to, say, you, or whoever is doing the mix on the thing, and then the mix would happen last?

Like, now that I've posted that backing track, everyone can use it to get their parts.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

For funzies then?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I don't know anything about mixing, to be honest. So, I say whoever knows their stuff steps up, or I'll do a horrible master out of it.

I'll try to get some vocals on right now, but my significant other is sleeping on the sofa, and won't move.

UPDATE: Vocals, rough draft. Couldn't get much done, as she told me I was loud.
But here it is; Teague's music, my voice:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43777147/Castl … h-demo.mp3

Last edited by Tomahawk (2013-02-11 22:31:17)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm starting to see how I could bring some simple backing riffs to that. I guess I'll wait until most of the tracks are done, but there's room for Tom's acoustic guitar as a first part, then my guitar could come in for a heavier tone as a second part. What do you think?

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, I never expected Teague to go this awesome on it, so I'm not even sure my guitar is worthy. I'll stick to just vocals, if nobody's against it, if Teague's up for making this even more awesome?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

*shrug* Can do whatevs.

Lamer, I'm not sure how to export a multitrack. Just individual stem tracks set to time? Or is there like an OMF-y sort of solution for that? (Audition.)

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

File, Export, Multitrack Mixdown

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Saniss wrote:

I'm starting to see how I could bring some simple backing riffs to that. I guess I'll wait until most of the tracks are done, but there's room for Tom's acoustic guitar as a first part, then my guitar could come in for a heavier tone as a second part. What do you think?

There's actually a lot of subtle lead guitar in the original version. And you'd have the chord-y solo in the bridge.

"Most people don't even know what sysadmins do, but trust me, if they all took a lunch break at the same time they wouldn't make it to the deli before you ran out of bullets protecting your canned goods from roving bands of mutants."

-- http://stilldrinking.org/programming-sucks

Just me having some fun with this track:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43777147/Castl … ALHIGH.mp3

Teague's mix, with about 5 layers of vocals. No other instruments or music has been added.

Not entirely happy with my delivery on the main vocals, but I'll work it out smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ka-bump

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yup. Sorry for procrastinating on this. And on the road trip.

My aunt passed away from cancer on saturday, and I've been a little distracted as of late. I'm not 100% ready to get back to doing anything yet, but I'll let you know.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sorry to hear that, mate.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down