Topic: BDA Vlog's

So as most of you know already, I've got a lot of projects and video things that I'm trying to do and get started in June. One of them is VEDJ, Vlog Every Day In June. Pretty much exactly what it sounds, I'll be posting a new vlog every day in June.

There's going to be a lot of wackiness and weirdness, and it's going to be a grand old time! tongue

So seeing as it's June 1st, here's the first episode!

As always, thoughts, comments, likes, subscribes are always deeply appreciated.

Thanks everyone, hope you enjoy!

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2013-07-02 23:22:53)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Re: BDA Vlog's

I commented but i'll comment here too.
Love the energy, keep it coming. Some more technical critiques )nothing personal, just random stuff that popped out at me). First of all, I can't believe that you the Hobbit Weta Chronicles. Good book smile
Secondly, the computer screen is a little distracting because I notice it changing.
Finally, my list of recommend books is so long, it really would be helpful to know what you have read wink

I'll do my best to keep up throughout the month smile

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks man!

RE: Hobbit: Yeah, it's actually one of the first run, signed copies too, which is pretty neat. Horrible movie, awesome art.

Yeah, I've fighting with myself about what to do with the monitors since I filmed the 100 sub special, I don't really want to leave them black as they are a pretty prominent piece of the BG, but I also understand that the slideshow could be distracting. I'm not sure, it'll probably be a bit before I film in there again, so I have some time to figure something out, but yeah, I'm not sure.

For books, pretty much anything outside of the major major series (Harry Potter, Hitchhikers, etc etc) you could throw at me, and I probably haven't read.

Cheers man!

ZangrethorDigital.ca

You could display your channel's logo if you have one. If not, make one! tongue

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Bam, there it is.

Not sure why I didn't think of that... thanks man!

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Are you using an elaborate lighting set up or sitting under a window?

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

I actually get zero natural light in my room, and I have almost zero space around me (Literally my room is, my bed, my table and a space about 4x4 feet for my computer chair) so lighting is a bitch. It's not hugely elaborate.

I have the ceiling flourescents directly above me, a small desktop flourescent hanging from the bookshelf directly in front of my face giving a bit of fill, a regular desklamp behind me to screen right giving a bit of rim light, and a halogen work light on the floor in front of me pointed at the roof to get my main fill.

Super hack n slash, but it seems to work.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Looks good.  smile

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Enders Game, I just read it myself

Day 2!

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Day 3!

This ones for you Fire...among others tongue

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Well, then, I had to listen.
I left some suggestions in commenty comments box but I ran out of space for books, mostly because it is a long list. So, I shall expound (I left my two major suggestions on YT). Other good books are "Legend of the Star Wolf" by David Gerrold. I got Faldor into them and its good, hard, scifi; "Mistborn" by Brandon Sanderson: if you want to get in to his stuff without picking up a book first, his website is excellent: http://www.brandonsanderson.com/book/Mistborn.
For others unfamiliar with Sanderson's work, he is the one who is finishing Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series.

Good job, BDA, like your logo and the editing was tight on this one.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks big_smile

I actually kinda felt like the editing might have been a little loose, but I decided to leave it that way to keep with the sort of sentimental chatty feel of the episode.

What's weird is that Kranky (The guy who runs the minecraft server I play on, and is a fellow let's player) recommended those 2 exact same books to me yesterday, along with Mistborn as well.

I started reading Starship Troopers, a looooooong time ago, but only got a handful of pages in before I got distracted (Life, not any fault of the books as far as I remember), so I definitely want to read that one at some point, there's actually a copy of it sitting on my shelf atm. And I remember you talking about Star Wolf in that kickstarter thread, so I might have to check that one out. And I watched about 3-4 episodes of the Dresden tv show when I was going to join a gaming group that was going to start playing the rpg (I made my character and then nothing ever actually happened, so yeah) but I haven't checked out the books yet, the universe seems fun though.

And re: Tad Williams, definitely check him out, I honestly cannot expound on my love for him too much.

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2013-06-04 21:43:49)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Day 4!!

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Missed a day because...life. But we're back!

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Well Day 7 exists...

...yeah. I don't even know.

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2013-06-07 19:34:54)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Day 9!

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Day 9! Macro-ing all the things...

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Just wanted to post this so you would see it:
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1005697_10151650210162840_1484903851_n.jpg

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So are there any more of these?

Ugh, let me put it this way. I've been trying to film a video explaining why I don't have time to film more videos, but I haven't had the time.

Yah. This last week has been insane.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Just watched the first one so far. Excellent audio. Perfect lighting. Smooth delivery. Are you sure this isn't a viral video funded by— oh wait, the ending fizzles out with redundant requests to stay tuned.

Okay. We're cool.

I'll keep watching!

Last edited by Zarban (2013-07-01 23:56:38)

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Thanks Zarban...I uh...think?

tongue

I'm really hoping to be able to do this a bit more regularly now (Although not everyday...because fuuuck that shit)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I'm going to make a proper thread for Zangrethor Digital stuff, but here's the announcement Vlog.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

BigDamnArtist wrote:

Day 3!

This ones for you Fire...among others tongue

"I was really busy in high school."

I hear ya, man. Dungeons & Dragons every single— I MEAN" GIRLFIRNDS!!

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries