Topic: Gearing Up For Harry Potter

Skip to 2:05, and strap on your Holy Shit Goggles.

--
One Time @ Bland Camp...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Gearing Up For Harry Potter

I think this is the nuttiest fundamentalist site devoted to Harry Potter I've ever seen.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You know what's a bit strange about the first book? The ghost birthday party thing gets a ton of attention, and then is pretty much completely abandoned in the other 6 books.

--
One Time @ Bland Camp...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The death day party is actually just a hazing ritual amongst the ghosts. They pick the students they think are most likely to die the soonest, and invite them to the death day party.

Also, Death Day party is Chamber of Secrets not Philosophers Stone.

EDIT: Okay, serious answer. The deathday party was just because it was Sir Nick's 500th deathday, so there wouldn't be one every year. And I've always seen it as JK giving us a little bit of an insight into what it's like to be a ghost in the early books before the story of the series goes into full drive (plus the series is still setting up that the world is MAAAAGIC and what that means). It also sets up the relationship between Harry and Sir Nick, so that later when

SPOILER Show
Harry runs to him asking is Sirius could be a ghost, we know that Nick sees Harry as a friend, and wouldn't BS him, among the other time Harry asks Nick about stuff.

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2013-11-16 04:19:34)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Jdubs wrote:

You know what's a bit strange about the first book? The ghost birthday party thing gets a ton of attention, and then is pretty much completely abandoned in the other 6 books.

Its sole purpose, ultimately, is to have the three main kids not at the Halloween feast so they can be alone when they discover the petrified Mrs. Norris and the bloody message.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

That too. I also just rechecked my book, and the entire Deathday scene is a grand total of not even 4 pages before they leave.

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2013-11-16 04:28:11)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Squiggly_P wrote:

You know who else celebrates death days?

SPOILER Show
SATAN!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/skyfallen_meli/Gifs/Shocked.gif

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Well, either you're closing your eyes
To a situation you do not wish to acknowledge
Or you are not aware of the caliber of disaster indicated
By the presence of a pool table in your community.
Trouble, oh we got trouble,
Right here in River City!
With a capital "T"
That rhymes with "P"
And that stands for Pool,
That stands for pool.
We've surely got trouble!
Right here in River City,
Right here!
Gotta figure out a way
To keep the young ones moral after school!

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries