Topic: Malariathon #8 - Deathly Hallows Pt. 2

A lot of us worked our absolute asses off on this, and many of those people also had to buy round-trip plane tickets. (All of those people are folks we know from this very forum.) I mean to return to this thread and custom-thank all the major players, outlining for the uninformed exactly what their contributions were. Suffice it to say, this was a big-ass joint effort.

As I said at the end of the episode, we picked a stupid thing to do and we did it. (I included then, and include now, you in that "we".) It just so happens that our stupid thing did a lot of Actual Good on the side. Over five grand for the Against Malaria Foundation, resulting in almost

two fucking thousand

malaria nets being hung over beds. We did that. (Again, same thing with the "we".)

Thanks, you guys. Thanks to everyone. This was hard, and it was fun, and it was ridiculous, and it turns out it was worthwhile. Also something something Potter.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +11 Thumbs down

Re: Malariathon #8 - Deathly Hallows Pt. 2

This was so much fun I kind of wish I could go back and do it again.  sad  At least we'll always have the audio.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Though it was only a measly $20, I'm still glad to have contributed something to this amazing display of selfless, human decency. Best $20 I ever spent. I'm not even a Harry Potter fan but I couldn't pass up the chance to be present for this tremendous thing you guys did. Man, I fucking love this podcast and this community.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Well done, guys, Five thousand dollars raised for a great cause and nearly 21 hours of fantastic audio content. You should all be super proud.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I love this podcast so much. So glad I could be there for the whole thing.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just finished the episode. Are you guys still doing something with those codes?

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This was a lot of fun. I'm glad I could participate. I hope FIYH does something like it in the future once the operation moves to the mansion Teague has mentioned at times.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

That was a fun day to follow along.  I wasn't glued to the screen as I had to watch at work for a decent chunk of it and my home internet went out for a couple of hours during their scheduled maintenance.  I chipped in the 100 bucks that crossed the $3000.00 mark so I helped out some.  Only thing I didn't like was the lack of Trey and the little amount of time Brian was there.  The rest of you guys were amazing.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Congratulations guys! I had to catch up on these after the fact, but that was one heroic effort!

Admittedly, the Potter series doesn't do much for me outside of the quite impressive production feat they represent. As someone who hasn't read the books, the story as told through the movies just isn't compelling as either drama or world building. But it's always fun listening to you guys, even though for a moment there that color grading debate got a little dark.

(I did a thing!)

The Low Frequenter

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Doctor Submarine wrote:

Yeah, I have them archived. It may be a while still, but I do have plans for the codes.

"Most people don't even know what sysadmins do, but trust me, if they all took a lunch break at the same time they wouldn't make it to the deli before you ran out of bullets protecting your canned goods from roving bands of mutants."

-- http://stilldrinking.org/programming-sucks

Holden wrote:
Doctor Submarine wrote:

Yeah, I have them archived. It may be a while still, but I do have plans for the codes.

Holden, I PM'ed them to you after the show... should I e-mail them too?

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

No.

"Most people don't even know what sysadmins do, but trust me, if they all took a lunch break at the same time they wouldn't make it to the deli before you ran out of bullets protecting your canned goods from roving bands of mutants."

-- http://stilldrinking.org/programming-sucks