Topic: B Burnt Skies - Scheduling

Alright, so at the end of our last session it felt like it was up in the air as to whether we'd be playing on Sunday or Tuesday when we start playing Burnt Skies. So, what are peoples' thoughts? My preference would be Sunday but Tuesday also works for me.

Keep in mind we're talking about returning the first week of October, so Sunday the 2nd or Tuesday the 4th would be our first day.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Re: B Burnt Skies - Scheduling

Tuesdays actually work very well for me right now, so that would be my preference, but Sundays still work too.

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It seems pretty much any evening is going to eventually have some kind of conflict (Except Thursdays, Thursdays are totally out, dang evening classes). So probably easiest for you guys to pick a day and then I'll we'll just have to wiggle and maneuver as stuff pops up hmm

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I would be totally down, but, the gajillion page book is daunting. I read a fair bit of it and I know I'd get lost somewhere not knowing some of the lore or stats and feel stupid. I know most was about character creation, and, I'm not a total newb. Just you guys seem rather seasoned. So, I tip my cap. Have fun. May it prosper into another  year long thing.

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey man, we don't judge. I ran the last thing and I was forgetting shit left and right. Character creation is typically the most complicated part, which is why everyone helps everyone else do it. If you think you'd have fun, don't be scared by the rules. This isn't supposed to be some complicated math problem, it's about telling a story and we don't let the math get in the way.

-Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Regan, I urge you to join for character creation if you can swing the day we go for, and a session past that; yes, we do have a group dynamic already going but new blood is always welcome.

Though the other hurdle just occurred to me, where in the world are you? Take that as hyperbolic as you like tongue we typically play at 8PM US Eastern time; GMT-4 during Daylight Saving, -5 otherwise. If you're from the UK like your profile says, you'd be *starting* at 1AM, ending at 5. Seems like it'd be pretty late hmm Next time I run a one-shot though I'll try to do it midday on a weekend (probably once wedding season is over) so you'd be more able to join.

For the rest: Sundays are likely to be a bit better, either that or a slightly later Tuesday, we'll be signing up Katyusha for obedience training starting Tuesdays.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

ShadowDuelist wrote:

it's about telling a story and we don't let the math get in the way.

< pretty much nailed right there. And, I'm so down for that.

Boter, you make a point. I work 12 'til 8 GMT weekdays so time zones isn't really an issue. I've always been a night owl. Getting things wrong as I fumble my way into the fold, is more my gripe. I'm fairly sure after a few sessions it will become normal and I need not stress so much. But, straying into the unkown makes me nervous.

*fresh meat here for the taking*

(plots against everyone)

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Mmmm... fresh meat.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/diablo/images/c/c2/The_Butcher.gif

But yeah, if you're able to join us for character creation at least for an hour or two and get a sense of things, that'd be great.

Plus character creation in this game is super easy and starship creation is definitely not hard tongue Not just saying that because I made up how, I designed the system to be very streamlined. Which means it's easy to poke holes in *glares at ShadowDuelist* but it means that I as DM will just have to poke right back.

And hey, in the meantime feel free to watch some Friends in Your Dungeon stuff along the way to get a feel for the group dynamic tongue Which will likely change a bit as we change who's running the game and change characters, obviously.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXUQnc … Xt6dn2ApIA

*Whistles innocently*

Also, Toby wont show up in episodes for a while, but he's basically in the same boat as you. It was a while before he really knew what dice he was supposed to be rolling but he did eventually get there and it was never a problem along the way, we just helped him along. We're pretty chill people and don't bite, promise.

-Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

As a reminder, we are playing tonight at 8 Eastern. Shadow, if you can remind Toby (assuming he was interested in playing?) and I'll remind Spiro.

Just to confirm, we're all on tonight? I'm at a company BBQ at the boss' house but plan on leaving around 7-7:30 to be here by the normal 8 EST (EST, Vapes) start time.

There is a *slim* chance that someone I haven't talked to in a while will try to contact me tonight during the session. You guys come first but it might be a five minute phone call where we work out a time to talk it over later. Or we tell each other off and go back to status quo.

Either way, we oughta have a lot of fun, huh?

Sunday or Tuesday, doesn't matter, I feel like this shit always tries to go down on FIYD night. Well like I said, My commitment is to you guys. I'd kind of like to get the Ticonderoga out of deep space tonight tongue

Sounds good!

-Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I am most likely going to be dead on feet cause Im basically dead right now. But if everyone else is down Ill be there.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Ironic you'll be off your feet as you're one of the few characters still on theirs.

I don't think I'm gonna be able to make tomorrow. I've just got way to much school stuff going on this week to try and fit it in. Sorry guys sad

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Aaand Vapes is currently one time zone early working early shifts so I think he's out again, too. Will try to confirm.

Why's it the people who are NOT unconscious tongue

Yeah, officially calling off this week as well. Which is just as well for me too, I can spend more time playing the Elite: Dangerous patch that just dropped - I mean uh, working on my LCC entry due in less than a week.

I'm almost afraid to ask... but are we on for tomorrow night?

I'm good to go.

-Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think I'm good. There's technically a meeting for one of my school projects tomorrow, but I don't /think/ it's one I need to be at. Waiting for an answer asap, I'll let you know if it changes.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Yay, that's one conscious character that can make it! Vapes won't be on until later, if at all, but we should be good to do *something* tonight.

I need to RSS subscribe to these or something.

Yeah, I'm good to go today.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Next week is Election Day. Is this going to pose an issue for any of our American players? Civic duty obviously comes first. I'll be on, might be slightly delayed depending on status of the polls.

I plan to vote earlier in the day so I'll be here.

-Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down