Topic: Trailer for some whale movie

2010: Moby Dick!  You know you want to see this.

http://tinyurl.com/29qynrd

After literally years of talking about bad movies on Down In Front, I decided it was time to direct one.   Buy it on video November 30th!

Re: Trailer for some whale movie

Damn, that looks great. Dick is so badass it can roar underwater! Exciting trailer, great music.

I'd like to place an order for a DVD autographed by Trey and Megaforce's Barry Bostwick right now, please.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm told there will be advance copies available for me to pick up at Asylum sometime this week, as soon as I get hold of 'em my Christmas shopping will be done for the year.

Not sure when I'll see Barry next, but I see Renee fairly often, how about a dvd autographed by Renee and I?  What am I bid?

400 quatloos!

500 Quatloos that the DVD will have to be destroyed!

Wait - how much would the bidding be for a copy autographed by me, Renee, AND associate editor/doomed helicopter co-pilot Brian Finifter?  Hmmm?

Throw those babies up on Ebay or Amazon, I'll buy two. Maybe even three. And I'm not kidding. One for myself, one to lend out to friends, and one to simply admire the beautiful handwriting of Trey Stokes.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I've officially been assaulted by awesomeness. Nicely done gents.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

It looks like a Sci Fi (sorry, SyFy) channel movie.

Which I mean as a compliment, considering the rest of Asylum's oeuvre. If you can make SyFy out of Asylum, well, hats off.

Now you have to make a SyFy movie and see if you can raise their game, too.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Asylum already does most of those notorious Syfy movies - MegaShark, MegaPiranha etc.    Moby may or may not end up airing there too, I haven't heard yet if Syfy picked it up.

Last edited by Trey (2010-10-26 18:38:42)

Trey wrote:

500 Quatloos that the DVD will have to be destroyed!

Wait - how much would the bidding be for a copy autographed by me, Renee, AND associate editor/doomed helicopter co-pilot Brian Finifter?  Hmmm?

Woah woah woah, I don't know if I want to be associated with this film in such a permanent way. I mean, that DVD with my signature will just be out there...floating...

And unfortunately, I ended up being credited as an assistant editor as opposed to an additional editor, so sadly, that's how history will remember my contribution to this film...

Mentioned over at i09.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Holy shit. Barry Bostwick brings it. You go, President Washington. No way this doesn't get picked up by SyFy.

...And then I turn the tables on Trey "the Amazing" Stokes by doing a commentary for it.

/twirling mustache

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Zarban wrote:

Holy shit. Barry Bostwick brings it. You go, President Washington. No way this doesn't get picked up by SyFy.

...And then I turn the tables on Trey "the Amazing" Stokes by doing a commentary for it.

Barry does bring it.  I was a fan before the movie, I'm a bigger fan now.  And bonus, he's a hell of a nice guy too.

I was given a list of things Syfy wants - and doesn't want - in their movies, and followed it as best I could while making Moby.   However, I haven't heard yet if we met their requirements successfully.   Yes, they have requirements, believe it or not...

Renee and I actually recorded a commentary for Moby already, just as a test.  There were audio problems tho, so we may wait a bit and make another run at it.   It'll probably end up on her site if we actually release one someday. 

Doesn't mean others can't do a commentary as well... nothing would please me more than to see

2010: Moby Dick (6)

at the near-top of Zarban.com...  in fact, it would appear just above 2010: The Year We Make Contact, which would be supersweet wink

Record your own Rifftrax, just to get ahead of the game smile

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Trey wrote:

...nothing would please me more than to see

2010: Moby Dick (6)

at the near-top of Zarban.com...

"Nothing"? That's sad but flattering. But this actually brings up a conflict. The "Trey.Stokes" tag is a commentator tag. Having commentaries for at least three works by the same director, not all in the same franchise, qualifies said director for a director tag.

This has never happened before. No one before has necessitated more than one tag. Somehow, I thought it would be Clint Eastwood.

Oh, and the seating at the induction ceremony is alphabetical, so you will be seated between Trey Parker and Uwe Boll. Enjoy that dinner conversation.

Last edited by Zarban (2010-10-28 03:10:04)

Wait, so then if I release my commentaries for Ark - which I've already recorded but not made public - then the Pink Five commentaries plus a hypothetical Moby Dick commentary gives me a director tag?

Wow, it turns out there IS something that would please me more...

Trey wrote:

Wait, so then if I release my commentaries for Ark - which I've already recorded but not made public - then the Pink Five commentaries plus a hypothetical Moby Dick commentary gives me a director tag?

You already have four entries for the various Pink Five shorts, so just one commentary outside the Star Wars franchise qualifies you for a director tag. I forget how many episodes of Ark there are, but just a few more commentaries would actually put you on the Directors tag cloud in between Tobe Hooper and the Wachowskis.

And the induction ceremony for that is off the hook. Vegas... no-limit gambling... three-breasted hookers... drugs that have to be synthesized in space... You get to punch Joel Schumacher in the face... You get to find out exactly what's up with Larry Wachowski... The whole enchilada.

However, I don't want to kid you. John Carpenter is in charge of hazing this year.

Last edited by Zarban (2010-11-27 22:53:17)

Zarban wrote:

... no-limit gambling... three-breasted hookers... drugs that have to be synthesized in space... You get to punch Joel Schumacher in the face... You get to find out exactly what's up with Larry Wachowski... The whole enchilada.

I wanna party with you cowboy. The 2 of us together, forget it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague and I are about to watch it the whole way through for the first time.

Weeee!

Five minutes in. So far, truly impressive.

I'm going to remember this moment fondly.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The DVD just arrived by bonded courier. My close personal friend Tysto will do a first-viewing commentary tonight.

Oh my.

Does Tysto do them live? smile

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You mean on something like Justin.tv? No, but maybe he could look into doing a Tiny Chat broadcast.

Heyo!

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh lord.

Well, I just hope that Tysto is as brilliant and insightful as this reviewer who is my favorite person this week.