Topic: The Pacific miniseries

Netflix finally got The Pacific in, so I've been watching it and just have to ask... do they now have a plugin to add severed arms and legs into each explosion? It's almost crossing from the horrors of war into comedy territory... (just about done with episode 6)

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: The Pacific miniseries

Not a plugin, but there's a lot of elements being thrown around that show, wouldn't surprise me if there were a bunch of limb plates. A huge number of things like dirt hits, explosions, tracer hits, water hits, and tree hits were added in post - so there's a pretty good chance that the explosion you're looking at, if it's not right in front of you, is fake.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I can't speak for the whole series, but for the episode I worked on, we did indeed have an entire directory of severed limbs among the various explosion and bloodburst elements.

I didn't work on any shots that used them, but they were there.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

There ya go.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

DorkmanScott wrote:

I can't speak for the whole series, but for the episode I worked on, we did indeed have an entire directory of severed limbs among the various explosion and bloodburst elements.

I didn't work on any shots that used them, but they were there.

If I had access to a whole directory of severed limbs, it wouldn't matter what shot I was working on.

There would be severed limbs littering the floor of the the intensive care ward of the base hospital.... There would be severed limbs stacked in bales in the supply depot....  There would even be severed limbs scattered all over the suburban street where De Sotos and Hudsons should be parked.

In order not to make it seem totally nonsensical, I would, of course, 'shop in a light saber on the belt of some marine or nurse  in the shot. You can't just leave that sort of thing unexplained.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries