Topic: Down in Fronter Projects

During the anniversary show, someone asked what all short film projects he had actually done, and done together. Here is a list of stuff.

Teague:

Movers, Brian and Matt helped during the production of this one. Additionally, this short film spawned a feature script co-written by forumer Jeffery Harrell and myself.

This was shot by Brian.

This one stars Brian. Heyo.

Brian:

None of the other Down in Front folk (to my knowledge) worked on this, but it's the viral thingy Brian is most known for. You'll notice he is the titular injured stormtrooper. His voice, at least.

I don't think any DIFers worked on this one, either, but it's awesome.

Dorkman:

Brian was involved of the production of this one, and it stars Anthony.

Also starring Anthony.

And lest we forget:

Trey:

Pink Five. This one was all Trey and Amy, but hey, it's Trey's movie thing on the internet.

You should really just go and watch everything on Trey's channel, but my favorite of his collection is Fish Guys.

Eddie:

Eddie's gonna kill me for this, but, here's his Star Wars parody parody "The Knudson Menace," that I think everyone on DIF fucking worked on in some capacity.

Ryan:

Ryan did a bunch of normal short films back in the day, but for a modern look at his body of work, a lightsaber movie is most appropriate.

Jake:

Starring Carolyn from my movie Movers. It's a small world out here. And Jake in a tub!

Starring Brian!

Steve Reedy:

My favorite of Steve's movies.

This one I was the visual effects supervisor for, and I did the majority of the FX, aside from a handful of shots wherein Steve added some stuff on top of my FXes. (The wide shot of the city, the last shot of the city burning, etc..) It also stars Matt as one of the club douchebags, try to spot him.

It's certain that I left some out, I might have also forgotten quite a few of them. But there's a primer.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Down in Fronter Projects

I feel like this thread is missing a certain rasta hat.

"Most people don't even know what sysadmins do, but trust me, if they all took a lunch break at the same time they wouldn't make it to the deli before you ran out of bullets protecting your canned goods from roving bands of mutants."

-- http://stilldrinking.org/programming-sucks

I seriously debated even mentioning it, but tonight I found out someone uploaded my first feature doc, Life in the Cage, onto youtube in 5 parts.  This is a documentary about the lean days of MMA I directed, produced, edited, and (sadly) camera operated waaaay back when I was in college.  Originally a student film, it got a home video distribution and sold in retail stores like Suncoast (remember them?) Borders, and Best Buy, as well as Amazon. 

I self financed this for roughly 1100 bucks, primarily on gas and tapestock, and a little equipment rental at the end there.  I shot for over a year and a half, largely by myself (and man am I bad at camera), and cut the whole thing over four months.  We got released in 2001, where it sold ok, but this was long before MMA was what it is today.  I look back on it (for the first time in almost 7 years) as a huge part of my growth as a filmmaker, but as nothing I would say is representative of my work today.

I'm posting this now for two reasons: 1) nostalgia, and 2) to show those of our listeners who are just starting their film education that the only thing limiting you, is you.  It doesn't matter if you don't have the light rig you want, or the software you think you need.  Find a fucking camera and shoot.  I may not watch LitC that much anymore, but it got me my first job, which led to the next, and so on.

So after much consternation, I grumbly present my cinematic child, Life in the Cage.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

BTW, whoever uploaded it added those first 15 seconds.  You'll recognize my film by the consumer grade DV.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down