Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Cool vids...again.

Neat idea

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The first ArtFx 2016 graduation film is up, and Holy Mother of God.

It's incredible.

Last edited by Saniss (2016-06-29 22:02:23)

Sébastien Fraud
Facebook | Twitter | 500px
"We're gonna build a great green screen, and make the traditional matte painters pay for it"
Saniss for President 2016 - "Make VFX great again"

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Fuck. Yes.

Incredible. Goddamned incredible. Puts the stuff I've seen coming out of schools like mine to absolute shame.

Although, for being consistently amazing, the shading on the toy plane never worked for me. Weird.

That was awesome. A million high-fives and back-pats to the class. The shading on the ship at the end was wonderful, the lighting in space was wonderful, the re-entry flames coming up over the shield were wonderful, it's all wonderful.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

That was awesome. A million high-fives and back-pats to the class. The shading on the ship at the end was wonderful, the lighting in space was wonderful, the re-entry flames coming up over the shield were wonderful, it's all wonderful.

The "class" you're referring to being 3 guys only, other films are coming smile

Sébastien Fraud
Facebook | Twitter | 500px
"We're gonna build a great green screen, and make the traditional matte painters pay for it"
Saniss for President 2016 - "Make VFX great again"

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Voyage of Time is finally happening and I am beyond ready.

Last edited by DarthPraxus (2016-06-30 16:04:39)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Whatever the fuck that is, I am there.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

That was beautiful. Très bien!

Tomahawk Ellingsen

www.extendededition.net

One for the audio peeps in the crowd...also non-audio peeps that really love high pitched noises for some reason.

My movies: ZangrethorDigital.ca
Let's plays: youtube.com/bigdamnartist
Other movie thing I do: youtube.com/BullskitComedy

This, right here, you guys. How did I not know about this?

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It spread like plague when it first dropped, so you might have been out that week/month.

That being said thank you for posting it so I can watch it again big_smile

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Yeah, I felt super dumb after realizing that it had been realized at least a year earlier if not before.

But, the animation is fantastic.

God loves you!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I thought this was well made and pretty.  I know Undertale is at that point where people who aren't into it roll their eyes, but I think this works as its own strange little thing. I'm not really feeling my best right now and this has kinda inspired me to get some help soon.

And for something not serious:

(courtesy of r/youtubehaiku)

Protection and power are overrated. I think you are very wise to choose happiness and love. -Uncle Iroh

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Roses are red, violets are blue,
Why does everyone want to go back to Jakku?!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It's funny — he's actually slightly more convincing in this video than he is in the movie, 'cuz in the movie the lip sync was just as close as Oz could get, but in this they can artificially match the lip movements to whatever word makes the most sense, and the effect is a little too-real in places. Fun.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

It's been a long time since I sat through a 10+ minute short film that made me sit here like a stupid little kid with a grin on his face.

My movies: ZangrethorDigital.ca
Let's plays: youtube.com/bigdamnartist
Other movie thing I do: youtube.com/BullskitComedy

New "History Buffs" episode on Apollo 13 is pretty good. One of my favorite channels on Youtube, currently. He had a bit of a break for the last couple months, but this is a pretty epic look at the history of the space program on top of looking at the historical accuracy of the film.

Last edited by Squiggly_P (2016-12-20 22:41:05)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Nicolas Cage reads "The Tell-Tale Heart" to a live audience. The last forty seconds are god-tier.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just stumbled randomly onto this, and I don't think I've been as excited about this many upcoming videogames all at once since the mid 90s. A number of these sound like they're right up my alley, and even the ones that are more narrative-driven are doing so in a way that feels a lot more correct for a video game than just a linear story.

Just subbed to that guy's channel. I think I've bumped into him a few times before randomly due to his surplus of No Man's Sky videos, and the fact that I was mildly interested in that game in the months before that game was released. So it's nice, for once, that I watched a video from a guy once and youtube has since kept insisting I watch more random videos from that guy.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

thoughts Teague?

edit:
ya know with the incredibly awesome Samurai Jack return and this.. I hope we get the Kids Next Door revival. I live off of these cartoons.

Last edited by MadBadCoyote (2017-04-05 14:53:38)

Protection and power are overrated. I think you are very wise to choose happiness and love. -Uncle Iroh

Thumbs up Thumbs down

We need more new things and less old things.

I'd be fine with no new Samurai Jack, Invader Zim, etc if it meant that some new original show from some young creator got aired. Maybe something better than those two, instead of something that will ultimately just end up being somewhat disappointing for most people.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Squiggly_P wrote:

We need more new things and less old things.

I would agree if cartoon network didn't suck (imo) right now (besides Steven Universe, maybeeee Young Justice. whenever that comes back)

I wish they had picked up Infinity Train :(

Last edited by MadBadCoyote (2017-04-05 16:09:20)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I liked Invader Zim.

That's about as far as I get with it at this point.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah, Sci-Fi (SyFy) channel has the same problem for the last decade or so of not picking up obviously great show pilots, like Amazing Screw-on Head. They play terrible, low-budget schlock movies instead or big-budget turds like Catwoman. Just anything they can license super-cheap. They only even have a couple of actual shows they produce now.

Which is sad, cause there are probably a lot of little creators who'd be able to put some really great shit on that channel with a tiny budget. They should think about getting some of these little youtube guys. You wouldn't need a massive budget, and those guys are already used to working with limited funds anyway. Just have them make some 12 episode mini-series or something.

I mean, you'd already have an audience built in, given that those guys would probably already have a Youtube audience. Give them a low budget and a contract that includes some royalties for licensing and video sales and then just sit back and air whatever they produce. Even if it's not great, it'll still get ratings, and the guys making it are probably going to put everything they have into making something as great as they can. I don't know why this sort of production hasn't already become commonplace. You'd think some of these producers out there would have noticed the level of quality and popularity of a lot of those channels.

EDIT:

Like, Ian Hubert. Hand him a budget and 6 months (or a year, maybe) and say "make 12 episodes of whatever crazy shit you want with that and we'll pay you for it and give you a cut of the video profits and shit". Whatever you get back from the guy is, at the very least, going to be interesting and watchable. And, honestly, they don't stand to lose much money on this sort of project. The budgets can be pretty small, and they've already become so desperate that they're paying money to license shit like Catwoman. I mean...  they're owned by Universal and licensed that from WB to air, so it's not like their parent company had the rights already...

It's madness...

Last edited by Squiggly_P (2017-04-05 16:54:30)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I heard talkt hat SyFy wants to turn that around and actually be, you know, good again. Worth seeing if they actually follow through but an admission on the part of the head of the company that they've lost what they're about was at least refreshing to hear.

Too cynical for hope, but paying attention at least. In the meantime, um,there's always YouTube.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.