Topic: A Video for DIF

Hey, check the front page to see it.

Last edited by oTom (2011-12-16 18:39:41)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: A Video for DIF

No, seriously, look.

Last edited by oTom (2011-12-16 18:39:58)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dude. That was awesome, especially for a first anything. It would blow my mind if you did one for DIF, it might even be cool to have on the front page until Project Halp is done.

Hell, maybe even after.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Nah, I think this is just as long as it needs to be. Very nicely done.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I agree with Teague. I think the length is just fine. What's most impressive to me is the sound mix/design. You did an excellent job pulling various lines from films and laying them on top of and along side one another. I think the line from The Shining was especially apt/funny. smile

P.S. Can I come live with you? smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague:  Well, I have a couple ideas.  I'll make it and you guys can decide what, if anything, you want to do with it.

Doc: At least two of the wandering shots feel SO excessive.  But that could be because I've seen it so many times.  I lost perspective.

John:  Man, the sound was a pain in the ass.  Especially since I had to learn FCP while I was doing it.  I had toyed with FCP a few years ago when I was recutting a Spider-Man trailer.  But I bit off more than I could chew.  One of the reasons I didn't just edit this down is because I didn't know how to work the multi audio tracks - I was mixing the song track WITH the quotes.  I screwed something up that if I cut the music track, the quotes got wacky.  Whatever. 

Sure.  If you don't mind downtown Chicago.  While there isn't much of a film industry, they DID film Transformers 3 in front of my condo.  I woke up one morning and my childhood was under the balcony.

Last edited by oTom (2011-12-16 18:40:22)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Very cool, but it does go on. And the computer text at the beginning wasn't very big, so I didn't realize at first that I was supposed to read it.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

God damn do I want your stuff.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I can't watch them. says the video is set to private.  But I like what you did with the Halp video.  That was sweet.

Thumbs up Thumbs down