What do you play?

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: The New Introduction Thread

Thanks fellas! i play bass, sorta. dont play as much as we should, but ya know

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You should go over to the "Gone" thread in the creations board and see what we did with that. There's a bunch of musical types around these parts.

Gonna be doing something similar in the future. (Right now the "follow up" to the Gone video is in the works, but we'll probably be doing one after that.)

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Chris(t)opher wrote:

Thanks fellas! i play bass, sorta. dont play as much as we should, but ya know

I play a Hello Kitty Squier.  cool

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sweet! Love the "Gone video"! Really Really cool stuff. I'd be down for makin a contribution sometime in the future. For sure!

My lead singer has a sister in an all chick punk band down in L.A. called the Flytraps. you should check them out too if ya get a chance!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey folks!

As you probably realize, my name isn't really Cotterpin. She's not even my favorite character, if I'm honest. But I get a warm, fuzzy feeling when I rep Fraggle Rock, and my ego was just too fragile for me to pick Marjory the Trash Heap for my username.

Personally I'm not much of a movie buff. In fact, I've probably seen more films in these past couple of weeks while listening to you guys than I've seen in a theater in the previous 2 or 3 years combined. Partly that's because I live in Japan and a lot of American movies never get shown here. Of those that are, many are in 3D, which unfortunately gives me a massive headache or they're dubbed in Japanese, which is just... weird. I could rent them, but tracking down the Japanese title of an American movie can sometimes require Herculean efforts.

Really, though, I just have to admit to being persnickety. I honestly do try to keep an open mind, but in the end, I pretty much hate everything. I do have a major weakness for anything fantasy, however, and share Teague's love of The Princess Bride. The Secret of Nimh and The Neverending Story are my two favorite movies of all time.  I was drawn to DIF because of the passion you guys have for movies. I don't think I've changed my mind about a movie based on your commentaries, but they do give me something new to think about or appreciate.

I had my worst injury while playing Star Wars with my brothers when I was four. Details are sketchy, but I apparently fell down some stairs and ended up with a broken arm and a couple of broken fingers that somehow went undiscovered for close to 24 hours. My dad  even sent me to preschool the next day and I endured the whole thing without complaint until my teacher told my mom that I was holding my arm kinda funny.

I'm a fan of white pizzas, but pizzas in Japan are usually sub-par and crazy expensive, so I haven't had one in ages.

Last edited by Cotterpin Doozer (2012-08-15 07:35:28)

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

^^^^
Best DiF Name Evar.

Thanks! Always glad to meet a fellow aficionado.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Welcome to the forums, yo. And yeah, The Princes Bride will be my wife one day. It's weird.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

White pizzas? Also, hello!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Cotterpin Doozer wrote:

Personally I'm not much of a movie buff.

Fraggle Rock, The Princess Bride. The Secret of Nimh and The Neverending Story......

Sold! Welcome to the forums. And, yes, that is the best username we've had but answer me this, Cotterpin.....Where do you stand on Labyrinth and the original Muppet movies?

*sits and waits but not in a creepy way*

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Dave wrote:

White pizzas? Also, hello!

Basically anything without tomato sauce, just the cheese and toppings. Quattro Formaggi is usually a white pizza, and I've had really excellent spinach and chicken alfredo white pizzas.

Jimmy B wrote:

Where do you stand on Labyrinth and the original Muppet movies?

I am a major Henson fangirl. Even if Farscape hadn't been an absolute fabulous show, I still would've watched it for the puppetry. I can still clearly remember my 9-year-old self bawling my eyes out in the middle of a grocery store when I found out Jim Henson died. I do like the original Muppets; they have an undeniable charm. But I much prefer the more dramatic and darker work that the studio did like Labyrinth and the Dark Crystal.  The Dark Crystal can still give me chills. If the sequel ever gets made, especially if Brian Henson is at the helm, I shall lose all dignity and squee like a giddy school girl.

The Storyteller, by a similar token, is storytelling magic executed with perfection. If you've never seen it, I honestly cannot recommend that series enough.

Teague wrote:

The Princes Bride will be my wife one day. It's weird.

Not so weird. It's always good to dream the fantastical.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Cotterpin Doozer wrote:

Even if Farscape hadn't been an absolute fabulous show, I still would've watched it for the puppetry.

AAAAAAAAAAAAND you're officially in my awesome book.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Welcome, Cotterpin. I also approve most enthusiastically of the name.

(Although Cotterpin's existence in the later seasons of Fraggle Rock, showing Doozers to be sapient beings, makes the Fraggles' season 1 treatment of Doozers occasionally appalling.)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh, the Fraggles were cunts to the Doozers, no doubt about it. Fun fact: The UK version of Fraggle Rock was set in the UK and not the US. We had a lighthouse keeper played by a Scot called Fulton MacKay who sadly died and was replaced by John Gordon Sinclair (from Gregory's Girl) in season 4. He was in turn replaced by Liverpudlian  Simon O'Brien for the show's final year or two. The Uncle Travelling Matt versions were re-shot to include UK locations too but the main Fraggles stories remained the same.  A lot of the original UK set scenes have been lost over the years.....

I only knew there was a different dude when I saw Doc in the Muppets Family Christmas. And I never saw the animated Fraggle Rock. Sorry, as you were, folks big_smile

Last edited by Jimmy B (2012-08-16 07:25:22)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dorkman wrote:

Although Cotterpin's existence in the later seasons of Fraggle Rock, showing Doozers to be sapient beings, makes the Fraggles' season 1 treatment of Doozers occasionally appalling.

Yeah, I actually liked that aspect of it. The fact that the Fraggles, Doozers, and Gorgs could all spoke the same language, but made very little effort to understand each other most of the time was fascinating to me.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I am Josh Brown.

I lift boxes and I would love to help finish The Pink Five saga.

I used to bring Teague little cups of water from the water cooler at DAVE School, to help prevent him from getting more kidney stones (sorry I wasn't there for you this past time man). I was the over active camera operator during the filming of Geekza's Billy West episode. Tesla forced me into letting her walk on the upright's keyboard during the recording of the commentary for Monsters inc. All of those things being said; I supposed I heard of DIF from ChloeZ at work one day.

I have never had any serious injuries, but I do have scars. Getting them involved glass, brooms, tables, bicycles, and teeth.

I like a slice from Punzone's with everything on it.

I've ruined my (step)sisters life enough.

I am finally rejoining the forum in order to help finish The Pink Five saga. I sent Trey an email, at the first mention of starting a project that would need free labor (I did very minimal work on Ark). I have been reviewing the tutorials at ryan-w.com in order to be more adept at rotoscoping light sabers. I am available to work four hours each weekday between noon and 4pm est. (that is 9am to 1pm pst.). and all day saturdays.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

kengemberling wrote:

I have been reviewing the tutorials at ryan-w.com in order to be more adept at rotoscoping light sabers.

This brings back memories...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I am far to happy to find Ryan still has his tutorials online

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Hello!

I found DiF by searching for commentaries for Apollo 13 during a grading marathon last spring. (I teach English in China and thus movie watching companions can be hard to come by.) Zarban then got me here. Though, I was a little freaked out to realize that I'd seen some of you guys before on the internet in the Time magazine "Top 10 Star Wars Fan Films" video. The internet gets smaller everyday.

I like space, burritos, The Social Network, Wall*e, Flight of the Navigator and Independence Day.

At this point in China, if it looks like a pizza, I'm happy.

As for my sister, she works in the movie industry in LA and when I explained to her what DiF is her first question was, "Are any of them single?!?!" ... So, maybe I'll be able to get her on here someday.

Oh, and I'm Bathilda because I started using that name on the internet ... 13 years ago. Which, how is the internet even that old?!

Ha! What does your sister do out here?

Glad you like the show, and glad once again for Zarban. He's on the forums a lot. Don't let his actual personality scare you off. He's mostly harmless. (Don't feed him after midnight, etc..)

Welcome to the forums!

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Bathilda wrote:

As for my sister, she works in the movie industry in LA and when I explained to her what DiF is her first question was, "Are any of them single?!?!" ... So, maybe I'll be able to get her on here someday.

If she looks like Michelle Pfeiffer and has a Catwoman costume then she may have a shot with Dorkman big_smile

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Hey! I'm single!

No, wait, I'm not. And I live in Norway.

Is she hot? You know, hypothetically speaking and all.

Welcome aboard!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, that didn't last long.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey! I'm single!

For real.

But, wait no, that doesn't work either, I live in France.

Pft. These days, man, it's like, if you're not in L.A., you don't even stand a chance.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down