Topic: Popcorn Culture

I already advertise this in my signature, but what the hell. It's the closest thing I've got to a "Creation" anyhow.

Popcorn Culture is the blog where I write movie reviews and some other things (there's an analysis of the damaging effects of Twilight on there). I'm actually pretty proud of it. Part of my New Year's Resolution is to keep up with it more regularly, and that's why there's been a massive influx of posts in the past two weeks, as opposed to the "One post every few months maybe" schedule I'd been keeping before.

I like to treat these reviews like mini-essays on the films. Not film-schooly stuff, but just structured analyses of why they either worked or didn't. Some reviews (particularly negative ones, I've found) have different flavors to them. My review of Cars 2 (of which I'm especially proud) takes the form of a detailed walk through the plot of the film. My review of Furry Vengeance is a pained rant which co-opts Apocalypse Now. I'm kind of embarrassed by the early posts, to be honest. They're less organized than the more recent ones are. Part of what contributes to that is that I've learned so much about movies in the time that I've been writing the blog. If nothing else, Popcorn Culture shows that progression.

I've always been kind of hesitant to share my work on this site, but today I realized that I published the blog publicly, so what was I complaining about? So...uh...yeah. Here it is.

Also, for what it's worth, I plug Down in Front on this blog sometimes.

Last edited by Doctor Submarine (2012-01-19 02:26:39)

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Popcorn Culture

I've read a couple of these, and enjoyed both. Good insight. I'm gonna read a few more right now.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh, and thanks for the DIF shout-out on the front page. smile

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Gonna resurrect this long-dead thread because I just published my 100th post. It's a review of The Lego Movie. If you've ever visited the site, thank you so so much.

http://popcornculture1.wordpress.com/20 … ego-movie/

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down