Re: FCPx and the art of the epic fail.

Agreed. I find myself wishing Twitter had some kind of visible reminder that the person you're looking at is set to private.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Looks as if Adobe likes FCPX:

http://www.loopinsight.com/2011/09/07/a … nal-cut-x/

I look forward to Apple's next NLE system: FCPXJKLOL

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The only reason FCP appealed to Eddie's 90% to begin with was because of the trend-setting 10%.  That was the case for me, anyway.  I wanted to edit on FCP because they edited Episode 1 on FCP, man!

In retrospect, a well financed, poorly received sequel shouldn't be such a surprise.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

iJim wrote:

I wanted to edit on FCP because they edited Episode 1 on FCP, man!

...What? No they didn't. Version 1 of Final Cut Pro was released in April 1999 -- they didn't cut the movie in the month before its release (though it would explain a lot).

The prequels were done on Avid. The first major motion picture to be cut on FCP was COLD MOUNTAIN in 2003.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dorkman wrote:
iJim wrote:

I wanted to edit on FCP because they edited Episode 1 on FCP, man!

...What? No they didn't. Version 1 of Final Cut Pro was released in April 1999 -- they didn't cut the movie in the month before its release (though it would explain a lot).

The prequels were done on Avid. The first major motion picture to be cut on FCP was COLD MOUNTAIN in 2003.

World view: shaken.  Not sure how I'm getting through the day.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

looks like Apple has released some sorta update that fixes a few things, but; from what I gather: causes problems with basic functionality.  One example is if you add an effect to a clip, the program crashes!  The sad part is, my boss want me to look into using FCPX for the school.  I am trying my hardest not to fly off my rocker with this thing.  As I look more and more into the software, even going so far a to download the trial version, I'm finding that it's just going to be a hassle re-learning how to use FCP...

I have a feeling some idiot hyped FCPX to my boss at the conference he's at.  I can see possibly using this for small projects, but 4 camera shoots that last 3 hours!?  I don't think so.

Last edited by switch (2011-10-05 04:15:09)

Thumbs up Thumbs down