Topic: Trollhunter

I'm about half way through this movie, and... it's growing on me smile The whole "found footage" thing is annoying, true, especially with all the cutting (instead of showing the camera pan they'll just jump cut making it look more like a badly filmed "real" movie). But, they get to fun stuff quickly. We now know why there are fewer Christians in Norway!

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Trollhunter

saw this at MIFF this year and loved it.  not perfect by any means but it knows what it is and damnit it does it well smile

Kinda like the tongue in cheek bastard love child of blair witch and cloverfield, not a film for everyone (especially seeing the reactions a lot of foreign films get here..)  but worth a watch.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I was curious about where the Christian blood came from... I mean, in the US I would've guessed WalMart, but in Norway?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I was disappointed in the ending, as given the apparent ethnic look of the new character that shows up it would have been fun if Trolls also hated Muslims but it had just never come up before, but alas no.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just watched it at the insistence of my father.  Largely excellent VFX integration, fabulous concept. I was also disappointed in the end, but isn't that a mark of a good storyteller: "always leave them wanting more?" 

I wish I had gotten the sense that the writer knew why the TSS wants to keep trolls secret and alive as opposed to wholesale eradication or endangered/protected status, or even how secrecy could be possible over the long run.  You might need a more men-in-black style team to keep it hushed up...the christian thing could give you a church cover-up tie-in as well.

Sequel pitches?

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I really enjoyed Trollhunter. I originally thought it was going to be more of a comedy (my Norwegian friend told me, the titular trollhunter is a famous comic actor in Norway), so it was different from what I anticipated. That being said, the film did not fail to entertain me.

This is the monster movie treatment I enjoy. It reminded me of Joon-ho Bong's 'The Host. The people involved seem to know exactly what type of movie they are making.
Nobody takes it too seriously so there is room for comedy, but there are still stakes and moments of real tension and horror.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Best cameo ever at the end though!!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

mellowrages wrote:

Best cameo ever at the end though!!

And from an actual press conerence by the president.

Thumbs up Thumbs down