Topic: The "lost" commentaries

Way back in the mist of time, during your first and/or second anniversary show, we were given a list of "lost" episodes. Those commentaries that were attempted, but for one reason or another never released (although a few were redone). I know there have been more recent ones left on the cutting room floor. I was there in the chat for both Twilight 2 and Hellboy, and we know from the Wanted episode that you did in fact finish doing The Green Mile. Are there any others?

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: The "lost" commentaries

I thought they got like 20 mins into Green Mile and were like fuck it. And did wanted instead. Or am I misremembering?

ZangrethorDigital.ca

BigDamnArtist wrote:

I thought they got like 20 mins into Green Mile and were like fuck it. And did wanted instead. Or am I misremembering?

That was Shawshank.

Several lost commentaries got lost because long movies overloaded the software and the file-save crashed.   

Waterworld, Green Mile, and Private Ryan are in that category, there may have been others.

BigDamnArtist wrote:

That was Shawshank Redemption. They finished Green Mile earlier that day, but the file got all wonky.

EDIT: Trey ninja'd me. But yeah.

Last edited by Doctor Submarine (2012-05-08 19:25:46)

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ah yes. Right.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I remember a mention of a Groundhog's Day commentary on the 2001 commentary.

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

They recorded commentaries to 'Pirates of the Caribbean 2' and 'Benjamin Button' that they got lost, too. smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have the first three hours of Green Mile, if ya want it.  tongue I also have New Moon somewhere around here. And Zombieland.

Groundhog Day - wow, I totally don't eve remember that one. We need a Groundhog Day commentary regardless, shit. Benjamin Button was another "too-long-for-wav" error, and Dead Man's Chest was just a not-quite-good-enough episode.

I think our best episode was Iron Fist of the Obsidian Sith, though. You should track that one down if you can. Totally worth the search.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

I think our best episode was Iron Fist of the Obsidian Sith, though. You should track that one down if you can. Totally worth the search.

Oh yeah, EPIC!   big_smile

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

I think Zarban had a link to that one on his site, but it's not there anymore? I remember getting it from somewhere, tho. Fucking hilarious. Dorkman was firing on all cylinders on that one.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I didn't catalog IFotOS because it doesn't fit my criteria. It was available from the old DIF site, tho, I'm sure. My favorite bit was the "learn it, love it, live it" stuff from Brian. I still laugh about that.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

I think I might still have it on a hard drive somewhere around here. Freaking amazing.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Hell of a live show, as I recall. The thing with Teague and the Coke bottles? Can't count the number of times I've recounted that story.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I know eh? That was a hell of an afternoon. I'm still kinda geeking out about the surprise guest star.

I mean, wow.

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2012-05-09 02:30:23)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

no hp 2? damn, that was a fun chatroom

Protection and power are overrated. I think you are very wise to choose happiness and love. -Uncle Iroh

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have the IFotOS file saved on my old starwars.homestead.com site if anyone needs if. I'll just need to find the password.

Posted from my iPad
http://trek.fm

Thumbs up Thumbs down

...no way. You still have it?

Is it the nice 192kbps file, or the crappy Talkshoe one?

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The sing-along you guys did for the end of that was probably the hardest I've laughed at a DIF episode. Think I still have it on my old laptop.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Of all the episodes I wasn't part of, that's the only one I regret.

Why exactly wasn't the Zombieland commentary released? I was in the chat that day and do remember the, uh, reaction from most of us listeners present, but it did seem like you guys at the time thought the commentary was good.

So, I'm just curious what the thinking behind not releasing it was.

I also remember a Chamber of Secrets commentary being recorded the same day as the one for the first movie. It probably suffered from being the second Potter commentary that day, but as I remember it the commentary was still solid.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That extra special guest during the Iron Fist of the Obsidian Sith commentary had me nerdgasm during that episode.  That's one commentary I'll never forget!  It's a shame I can't find it anymore...  Teague and Dorkman singing at the end was a huge plus!

Last edited by switch (2012-05-09 18:36:04)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

switch wrote:

That extra special guest during the Iron Fist of the Obsidian Sith commentary had me nerdgasm during that episode.

And it wasn't so much that they GOT him (because, remember, he practically invited himself when they ran into him when he was getting an iced coffee. He was like "Hey, I want to see that! I can't find it anywhere!"), but the amazing thing was how FUNNY he was right from the start.

Trey wrote:

Of all the episodes I wasn't part of, that's the only one I regret.

Well, the supervised custody thing only comes around once a year. And they grow up so fast.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries