Re: Huge list of things that bug me about TDKR [SPOILERS]

I watched the prologue in IMAX and it was more difficult to understand him than it needed to be. I do think they went to the other extreme (and I'm not sure why they re-recorded the lines instead of just re-mixing them, unless that was actually the on-set recording), but it doesn't bother me with him any more than it does with Vader.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

People still didn't understand him, even with how prevalent his voice is in the final film. Oh well it didn't really bother me that much, but it could have been toned down a bit.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I wonder if Tom Hardy wore some sort of mask during the ADR sessions and THAT's why is sounds so hard to understand...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

When he first started talking, I thought it was Sean Connery.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Lamer wrote:

After 'sneaking' back into Gothem. Batman's first order of business is to paint a giant bat logo on the face of a building. I assume he does that with gasoline, making round trips up and down the building while being undetected in a city ruled by criminals. I would've thought that going after that nuke immediately would be pretty important too but no, arts and crafts always come first.

The obvious answer to this is not that he did arts and crafts that night, but it was a Wayne Industries standard to build large explosive bat designs into everything. Because Batman never knows when he'll need an explosive, and it better be bat shaped (see: Arkham Asylum).

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Kyle Monroe wrote:

People still didn't understand him, even with how prevalent his voice is in the final film.

I had trouble with one or two bits during my first viewing, but I think it was less about the sound mixing than the accent. Sean Connery meets Vader was a bit hard to get a handle on.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Phi wrote:
Lamer wrote:

After 'sneaking' back into Gothem. Batman's first order of business is to paint a giant bat logo on the face of a building. I assume he does that with gasoline, making round trips up and down the building while being undetected in a city ruled by criminals. I would've thought that going after that nuke immediately would be pretty important too but no, arts and crafts always come first.

The obvious answer to this is not that he did arts and crafts that night, but it was a Wayne Industries standard to build large explosive bat designs into everything. Because Batman never knows when he'll need an explosive, and it better be bat shaped (see: Arkham Asylum).

He does also have an extremely maneuverable flying machine. Probably wasn't TOO hard to hook up a spray nozzle to that thing.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Or maybe in the Nolanverse, the Batman logo is like the Fibonacci sequence and just kinda appears everywhere naturally.

No?

Nothing?

Alright, I'll let myself out.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I feel I should mention that, joking aside, it was very important for Batman to light that thing up. Batman was always meant as a symbol to inspire good. At that moment, the people of Gotham needed to see that symbol in order to rally for a fight.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh, it got chills out of me both times.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

On listing nit-picks.... Because of all those little things, this ( http://www.cracked.com/article_20012_if … onest.html ) is how I felt while I was watching TDKR for the first time. Just pulled me out of it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That is hilarious.

"I'm sure that would hold up in court. 'Your honor, he was sad first.'"  lol

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

JOSEPH GORDON-LEVITT
Uh, is there anything for me? Check under my legal name.

SECRETARY
Oh my God, big reveal time! What's your legal name? Jean-Paul Valley? Terry McGinnis? Dick Grayson? Jason Todd? Tim Drake?

JOSEPH GORDON-LEVITT
Robin.

SECRETARY
What? No.

lulz

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Lamer wrote:

Scarecrow is in this movie for no goddamn reason.

While I agree his cameo was a tad pointess, he was in prison (if he got arrested at the start of TDK, that is, which I assume he did) so he was in Gotham anyway. It makes sense that he'd turn up at some point if he couldn't leave the city.

And I had no problem understanding Bane at all. There was one scene I couldn't hear what Gordon was saying, though due to Hans Zimmer being loud.

Thumbs up Thumbs down