Topic: The Gaia Antithesis (A Comic Book)

So over the last two months as part of school, I've been working on the first couple pages of a comic book (teaming up with a writer from the writing course). And this is the result. It's only the first three pages, but it was fun.

Enjoy!

http://insanitywarpedaroundatree.blogsp … hesis.html

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Re: The Gaia Antithesis (A Comic Book)

The graphic design's beautiful. Borg-nimals! If you did all the plants and stuff in the last panel from scratch then you're seriously talented.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hehe, thanks dude!

As far as the last panel goes, the smaller (green) plants are from a blender greenhouse website, that makes these kinds of things for people to use. But in reality they are fairly simple to make (Just a texture on a plane) I was just running so short on time I didn't even have time to make that much. But otherwise everything else is mine (Except the mountain and sky matte painting, those are images from a CC website).

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Very cool. Personally, I would have gotten the renders to where they're at, done the layout, and then done painterly FX over them in Photoshop. (Not filters, mind you.) Still, classy shit.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah, that was my original intent, but time just caught up with me, so I had to just leave them at the pure render stage (with a few small additions in photoshop, vignettes, pinpoint darkening/lightening etc.)

ZangrethorDigital.ca