Topic: Doctor Who-style intro project - Comments and critique well appreciate

For a story and film we're working on. I'm still reworking the timing and stuff, and the music is a temp track made by a friend, but I'd like some feedback on the general feel and quality of it smile

I'll post updates as I go along with it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Doctor Who-style intro project - Comments and critique well appreciate

Cool intro. The camera path is very abstract, not a flight-path like you usually see. Refreshingly different, I'll call it. The neon is hard to read when it passes over the bright bits of spacey stuff.
Also, something about the motion of the stars is off; too little motion blur, or too fat maybe?
Your face stands out, but the other fellow is practically invisible compared to the bright image he shares the frame with.

Last edited by drewjmore (2013-04-03 18:44:37)

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Thanks. The stars were plentyfold in drafts 1-3, so they've been toned a lot down. I'll look into removing even more of them.

As for the faces, only mine will be in there anyway smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Stars are usually seen as points of light, not full disks. As a style choice the fat circles you have are cool in their own way. The number of them is cool with me, take away too many and it'd start looking more like star trek.

Last edited by drewjmore (2013-04-03 18:44:06)

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

This road trip intro is certainly extravagant.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Our car certainly has to be bigger on the inside.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

It looks really, really cool. My only complaint is that the title is hard to read against the yellow backdrop. Other than that, very well done.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The title gives the impression to be less important than the actors' names, which it shouldn't. I think it should stay on screen longer when fully "drawn".

As drew said, the camera path is cool. I just think the camera stops a bit too abruptly when The Traveller is displayed.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Timing and such will be dealt with, obviously.
Doc: Yes, which is why I decided to not use the same style for it. Instead, it's taken away, and once the camera passes behind the planet and nebula, the title will be on it's own, and in a completely different style. This also because if the thing becomes popular, and I want to do sequels of sorts, it's not the same actor. It's a doctor Who spinoff, after all.

Dave: It's come to a halt of sorts, with footage needed. Check the thread.

EDIT:

Oh, and you know, thanks, guys smile

Last edited by Tomahawk (2013-04-04 16:25:20)

Thumbs up Thumbs down