Topic: BDA Fiddles With His GH2

(Make sure you watch in full res smile )

First camera test with the new GH2! Pretty unofficial, just walking around one of my favorite trails here in town shooting some stuff.

Some more official and measured stuff will be coming later, but for now, enjoy what I managed to get between my flailing about as I try to remember how to use one of these things.

More to come soon!

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Re: BDA Fiddles With His GH2

Ok you've got the horses, now you just need to add in the spaceship chasing them  cool

I do like the latitude in the shots with blue skies and snow on the ground, are you using an ND filter?

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

I was looking at cameras about a year ago and it was between the GH2 and the Sony NEX-5N. I went with the 5N, and I'm very happy with it, but I must say I do really like the look of the GH2. Are you considering hacking it?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

@Faldor: Not yet. I don't have any that fits this lens yet. Everything was just done with the kit lens, a UV filter, and messing with the stops and iso. They're on the list though, I'm just (understandably) running a little short on cash atm.

Oh and believe me, I've thought about it tongue

@Sam: Yeah, it's got a nice look. And I'll be hacking it eventually. We shot Lily In The Wind (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ0eGMgRH8U , my short film from VFS) on a hacked GH2. But for right now, I'm just seeing what I can get out of the factory firmware, as well as just familiarizing myself with the camera.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

BigDamnArtist wrote:

Okay, that was pretty cool.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

big_smile

Thanks.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Now you've got the set up you've no excuse not to crack on with a new project. Sorry  big_smile

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Dude, that's what I've been working on for the last 6 months. tongue

I've got about 6 that I'd love to get started on. Still a bit to go before I can really do them properly, so I'm probably going to try to do some small tests and things like that for a while, if only to get my eye back in.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

We had a visitor in the neighborhood the other day. I managed to get some decent video.

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2013-05-13 00:18:51)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Again, not really a test, but I shot this at a local monthly theater show I volunteer and film for, and the band decided to throw it online big_smile.

The band is awesome too, local Alberta indie group. Really awesome.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 … mp;theater

ZangrethorDigital.ca