Re: The old "next week" thread.

I expect a full deconstruction of how this movie makes no fucking sense. And how the Terminators barely kill anyone on screen at all. And how it doesn't even show the future war. And how Michael Ironside is wasted. And how hollywood ruins dreams.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, it's good that you're not going in with any preconceived notions.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2009/5/18/15/christian-bale-explains-14582-1242673651-9.jpg

I heard T4's a very dark movie. hehe. Get it? "Dark". hehe. I'm a riot.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

We did it for you.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah, i'm green.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You are fired!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Wow, log in  to see what next weeks film is and get insulted in the process,lol. Nice. I don't like the Fifth Element, it should be interesting. You wanker!

big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It was one of the highest-polled movies. smile

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh, I know smile  I'll still listen, we can't all like the same thing films all the time smile

I can't even remember what I voted for hmm

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I love this movie. It's terrible, as far as things like rationality and plot go. But it's just so much fun.

(And I should've put "You are fired!" in quotes, 'cause you know, the guy with the floating Thai restaurant … "Grandfather say, it not rain every day. This is good news, guaranteed!")

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I may have to watch it again as it has been a few years. Chris Tucker puts me off though sad

Thumbs up Thumbs down

He's the least-fun part of the movie, no doubt. But the guy who tries to rob Bruce Willis — "That's a nice hat." "You like it?" and the little dance he does. And Zorg … oh, Zorg's just the best. "I'll tell you what I do like: a killer. A dyed-in-the-wool killer. Cold-blooded, clean, methodical and thorough." And the little red button the bottom of the gun … it's just so much fun, this movie. Love it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Your enthusiasm is awesome big_smile You've sold me, I'll track it down and watch it before I listen to the commentary smile

Last edited by Jimmy B (2010-09-14 01:03:47)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

There will be bonus points if someone mentions the similarities with the first segment of the animated movie Heavy Metal smile

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

are ya'll planning on doing this one live?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

No, it's recorded. We can do live episodes every week if ya want, though. We have the setup.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That's cool. For me, personally, it's a matter of timing. If I am at my mums (I'm British see, have to use the u rather than the o big_smile) I can watch Live shows no problem (I was at the Independence Day one) if it's early enough. My mum loves me but even she can only stand my company for so long.

As I type this, it is 4.46am and I am using Mobile Internet so live streaming is a bit of a hassle for me, though I haven't tried your stream yet, It can take a while to watch something on Youtube.

I think I have forgotten what my point was. I'm tired. Oh, I enjoy the live shows if I can see 'em. And if I was to watch a Fifth Element one, I wouldn't have to sit through the movie again big_smile

Last edited by Jimmy B (2010-09-14 03:46:51)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

nice Fig!  what time/day do you guys usually do the movie commentaries?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Generally 2 p.m. on Sundays, PST.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

thank you sir!  looking forward to it!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

What's so special about Boron?

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have't seen The Fifth Element in a long time, I need to buy it on DVD.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Wait for the store link!

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

All right! I love The Fifth Element so much that even Ruby Rhod has grown on me. I adore Milla Jovovich's performance, and I don't care that the fundamental conceit of a "Great Evil" returning every 5000 years to destroy all life (and make deals with top businessmen) unless stopped by advanced aliens who give their only weapon to humans who have no idea how to use it is totally ridiculous.

It's got flying cars!

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Baaaaaada boom.

Thumbs up Thumbs down