Topic: Man Vs. Monster

I've debated posting this, but I've been assured it won't hurt anything since it's already on youtube and is locked up legally pretty well.

Anyway, the story behind this is that it is a show I've been trying to sell this last year, and features VFX work from our very own Trey Stokes and Teague Chrystie.  I created the concept, cast it with my blood brother Seanbaby, wrote, directed, and cut this sizzle reel for it. 

We've taken it to most networks that you would think of, and a few you haven't.  There are two networks interested, but the wheels of show development are slooooooow to turn.  Anyway, for your viewing pleasure, please enjoy Man vs. Monster. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_QAzXB7UUg

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Man Vs. Monster

Looooooove it dude. I'm desperately hoping you guys get the deal, and hey you know by the time you get on the air, you, uh, might be able to, uh, throw a little VFX work my way, wink wink, nudge nudge. tongue

I'm rootin for yah.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Nice dude, I remember you talking about this.  Glad to hear there's some interest.  Hopefully those wheels keep turning for you.

Ha ha ha! I'll buy that. But it can't be gladiatorial battles every time. The monster needs to have a little back story and a lair (the bonus there is that you can make up your own monsters and not be limited to folklore). And then you could sometimes have guest warriors help take down the particularly nasty ones.

Maybe one monster is dragged into the arena, but the next has to be lured out of its cave to fight in an open field. Another has to be gone after in its underground labyrinth. A werewolf might be disguised among guests at a party and have to be discovered and fought in the virtual mansion. A ruins, a factory, inside a car, under water—the possibilities are endless. Maybe he has to fight a minotaur in a china shop!

Oh, and the monster has to win sometimes. Rematch!

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries