Re: Shaun of the Dead

Also Dylan Moran who played David (and is a hilarious comedian) had his own series called Black Books in which he played a misanthropic, alcoholic book store owner. The "similar squad" counterpart to Diane (the woman named Maggie who was wearing a similar knitted cap to Diane's) is Tamsin Greig, who was one of Dylan Moran's co-stars on Black Books. The other co-star of that series, Bill Bailey, wasn't in this movie but he was in Hot Fuzz and he also played Simon Pegg's boss at the comic book store in Spaced.

Also, Tamsin Greig stars in the Showtime series Episodes and one of the recurring characters is played by Daisy Haggard who starred in a sketch comedy show that Nick Frost also starred in. Honestly the whole thing is crazy incestuous and the links go on and on and on.

I hadn't scene most of these shows when I saw SotD but I became interested in these shows when I started researching who these people were and what else had they done. Coming back and watching it today I recognize practically every bit player and secondary character from some other comedy project.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Byshop wrote:

The other co-star of that series, Bill Bailey, wasn't in this movie but he was in Hot Fuzz and he also played Simon Pegg's boss at the comic book store in Spaced.

John Pavlich and I recorded a commentary for Hot Fuzz a couple of weeks ago and I excitedly shout 'Bill Bailey' every time he appears. No doubt to the annoyance of John and to listeners.

It had to be done, though. It had to.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Jimmy B wrote:

John Pavlich and I recorded a commentary for Hot Fuzz a couple of weeks ago and I excitedly shout 'Bill Bailey' every time he appears. No doubt to the annoyance of John and to listeners.

It had to be done, though. It had to.

Bilbo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4TX6x2WLgk

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oddly a clip of A British show is not available to watch in the UK big_smile

Spaced is awesome.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

thewalkindude00 wrote:

Bernard later says to Fran "She thinks I'm a reclusive genius. She's going to be very disappointed when she discovers that I am a reclusive wanker!" Brilliant!

Dammit, I wanted to find a clip and now I'm gonna end up watching the entire season again.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I know, I was just making a point that once you start watching you can't really stop (or at least I can't wink). Seriously, if there's anyone that hasn't seen Black Books yet stop what you're doing and go watch it now.

Thumbs up Thumbs down