Topic: The 2015 ShortDocs Challenge

My current favourite podcast is Re:Sound, which is put out by the Third Coast International Audio Festival. Every year, Third Coast also has a ShortDocs Challenge. I thought it might be worth sharing here.

The challenge: make a short (2-3 min) audio documentary that follows the rules of the year's challenge.
This year's rules:
Your radio story must:
- be titled with a question that begins with one of the five Ws (who, what, when, where or why)
- contain the question "And what happened then?"
- include a shout of silence or a cry of laughter
The deadline for submitting your ShortDoc is 11:59pm CT on Tue, April 14th

I love radio as a medium, and I'm hoping to submit my first ShortDoc this year. Anyone else out there interested in audio documentaries?

You can check out this year's and previous challenges here: http://www.thirdcoastfestival.org/compe … /shortdocs

alicia ♆
twitter | instagram | website

Re: The 2015 ShortDocs Challenge

Oh, this is just a once-only thing? I thought it was an "every week" contest, where the podcast is just the stringout of the best entries from that week. Like a crowdsourced, crowdsorted This American Life.

I have an idea.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: The 2015 ShortDocs Challenge

The podcast is made up of curated content - a weekly collection of thematically related radio stories pulled from all over the world. The ShortDocs challenge is a once-a-year thing.

Teague wrote:

I have an idea.

I am interested, excited, and a little wary.

alicia ♆
twitter | instagram | website