Topic: I did a duet with my friend Jackie over the internet.

We did "My Eyes" (On the Rise) from Dr. Horrible.

I think it turned out alright, despite neither of us being "singers," you know, "singers." (And despite my ability to keep time or "sing" loudly.)

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: I did a duet with my friend Jackie over the internet.

You got this idea from doing it in my bedroom at New Years.

DO NOT DENY IT.

(no homo)

"Most people don't even know what sysadmins do, but trust me, if they all took a lunch break at the same time they wouldn't make it to the deli before you ran out of bullets protecting your canned goods from roving bands of mutants."

-- http://stilldrinking.org/programming-sucks

Teague, one thing I've noticed about you, is that you seem to sing every single word like it's in it's own little universe. While this pretty much works when you're doing solo stuff, it really doesn't jive when doing a duet, especially not with "On The Rise", a song built to flow. As soon as you throw in Jackie's voice (Which btw, huge props, great voice), it just doesn't work....at all. Just you know, something to consider.

But on the up side huuuuuuuuge nerd cred for this one.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Thanks for the feedback, and interesting.

I thought the stuff with us both singing didn't work quite as well because the piano is so loud compared to my voice on my side of the recording. I had to turn it way up to even hear me, which turns up the piano even more, and it doesn't sound particularly good in general, let alone me not being a great singer. That's not even close to how you'd mic or mix a song like this.

Anyway. Cool. Thanks for watching.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Except for the piano miking, that's pretty much as good as anything needs to be.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries