Topic: 2016 - The year ahead in movies

Anyone know of anything worthwhile coming up in 2016?

Fuck Marvel and all the other superhero movies. And if you eliminate the other reboots, spin-offs, and franchise instalments (e.g. Bourne 5 FFS), there doesn't seem to be much left.

http://www.movieinsider.com/movies/anticipated/2016

Anything else? Like, you know, someth'n original?

[Then again, Fury Road, was a franchise movie, and it turned out pretty bloody good]

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: 2016 - The year ahead in movies

Looking forward to The Revenant, The Witch and Anomalisa, myself. Granted, two of the three are already in limited release but I'm not in the location to take advantage of that. Couldn't even tell you why I want to see The Witch, exactly, but I'm on a big horror kick and I tend to trust Drew McWeeny's opinion.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thumbs up Thumbs down

There's also a new Refn coming, The Neon Demon. I know absolutely nothing about it but I love Refn's work, so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Last edited by Saniss (2015-12-27 17:48:44)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Oh shit, I completely forgot that Malick's  The Voyage of Time is due in 2016. I know there wasn't a lot of Tree of Life love around here but it's one of my favorite movies so I'm rather pumped.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hail, Caesar! by the Coen Brothers looks promising.
Also, Shane Black's The Nice Guys.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

*bump*

How we doin' on this, then?

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

*bump*

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

*bump*

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

The Witch is the best film of the year that I've seen thus far, followed by 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Zootopia was surprisingly good.

The Revenant and Hail, Caesar! were both good fun. Well, that's the wrong word for The Revenant.

Still really looking forward to Voyage of Time, which now has an October release date!!! Also Passengers, Lights Out, Knight of Cups, Weightless, and The Neon Demon. Also also, need to see Green Room.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I guess my opinions on Deadpool and Captain America - Civil War are completely void, then.

Thumbs up Thumbs down